Honored Contributor

Re: Saying Goodbye to TV forums

On 1/8/2015 Hooty said:

Thanks ladies, maybe I just need a break from the forums!

Chickenbutt, we may have butt heads over the years, but I still respect your opinion!

DooBdoo, thank you, I needed that hug, LOL!

(((Jordan)))

Hooty, I'm hoping you just need a break. {#emotions_dlg.unsure}

I know from experience that sometimes I have a few minutes to be here on the MB, scan the first page of several threads and then start a new topic. Later, I see other threads on the same topic ..... there's just no way to guarantee there will only be one thread on each topic.

Also, normal conversations can twist and turn .... it's not all that different on here. A topic and the subsequent comments can trigger a thought and the next thing you know the conversation veers in another direction .... it happens and isn't necessarily hijacking (although it can be!).

Personally, in spite of the occasional " very spirited conversations ", this board is a wealth of varying opinions and different points of view. I find it interesting, in all sorts of ways.

Hooty, I hope to see you back here soon ...... {#emotions_dlg.thumbup1}

Tink

Respected Contributor

I don't there's really anything wrong when people start another thread because a lot of times the threads just sink down to the bottom and people don't see them. the one people are the most interested in is the one that will get the most posts and views.

I think it would be nice if people post in entertainment rather than viewpoints but in the end who really cares? I don't .

Respected Contributor

I must admit I don't understand why you would be unhappy about redundancies in the forums. I pop in and out, scan through threads in the forums I usually am interested in and delve deeper into some of them. I don't have the time or interest in doing a search to see every last word on a particular topic. My objective is to find information and to share some of same if I have anything to say. Maybe there is more to why you are leaving I don't know. Otherwise hang around and take things as they come. It is pretty clear that some people have tight relationships here. Which I think is nice for the most part. That is not why I stop by. No investment, just looking to share.
Honored Contributor

I didn't notice the problem you described, but I enjoy browsing the TV forums and hope you will reconsider.

Honored Contributor

Why not just put that people that annoy you so much that you'd leave, on ignore?

Don't Change Your Authenticity for Approval
Honored Contributor

They do move fast. I've gone as many as 2 even 3 X's back to try to find a previously mentioned subject.

I just counted that on one subject I allow 25 posts to come up at one time on each subject.

I have to try to figure out but I think I allow 40 or more to come up subjects. I'm going to check it.

Honored Contributor

I just counted. I allow 50 (yes 50) titles to come up on when I click on TV forums. I try to scan down to see if there is something I want to say where I can put it that it's already been started.

You can't win because some people don't like it if you put something different from the subject but maybe similar in that subject, some people get angry.

I don't know enough about the protocol or the right way to post. I didn't even know there was a certain way to do it.

If I offended someone I apologize. I saw it as a way that it keeps people who aren't interested from wasting their time reading a post that they're not interested.

Honored Contributor

On 1/9/2015 annabellethecat said:

I just counted. I allow 50 (yes 50) titles to come up on when I click on TV forums. I try to scan down to see if there is something I want to say where I can put it that it's already been started.

You can't win because some people don't like it if you put something different from the subject but maybe similar in that subject, some people get angry.

I don't know enough about the protocol or the right way to post. I didn't even know there was a certain way to do it.

If I offended someone I apologize. I saw it as a way that it keeps people who aren't interested from wasting their time reading a post that they're not interested.

Annabelle, if you're interested, google "message board etiquette" and read up on general (suggested) guidelines. {#emotions_dlg.thumbup1}

Tink

Trusted Contributor

Hooty, please reconsider. I love your posts and perspectives. {#emotions_dlg.wub}

Honored Contributor

On 1/9/2015 annabellethecat said:

I genuinely don't understand. Sometimes I start a new thread because the Heading would be a date, like, "Y&R spoiler and then the date" and I paused and thought people would get upset if I posted how much I dislike what happened say two days after that.

This happens more in beauty, fashion, and Viewpoints. {#emotions_dlg.rolleyes}

A vendor or host will come on air, and say something, and someone starts a thread about the host's look or what was said.

Then within four hours there are five threads about the same thing. It's either because people scan quickly and don't see that there is a thread already about the same topic, or they want their thread to be more popular.

In Viewpoints it happens most with current events, like the most recent plane crash. People put teaser titles in, and so others jump in with additional threads about the same newsworthy item.