Super Contributor

Re: Say Yes To The Dress - Season 18 - Episode 2

I started sewing in junior high.  I saw a pattern then for a wedding dress that I really liked.  Years later, when I got married after college, I bought that pattern and sewed my own dress.  Classic lines, and flattering.  Today so many spend more time and money on the wedding, and not the marriage.

Trusted Contributor

If you have ever gone on utube and watch a Lebanese wedding you will know there is no designer at Klienfields that can even come close to the wedding dresses those brides wear.

Honored Contributor

It's a wonder that girl grew up to be normal (she certainly seemed down to earth and she seemed kind) with a mother like that.

She should elope.  Her mother deserves it.

Honored Contributor

I agree...it was so sad to watch that show...no matter how anyone tried to talk some sense into that mother....she didn't care anything about her daughter or her feelings...so sad  like Randy said!Smiley Frustrated

preds 06-21-20
"Always be thankful andyou'll have more than you know."
Esteemed Contributor

I just watched that episode. I was sickened by that hideous mother's comments.

What were those faces the mother was making when she thought the camera wasn't on her? She looked like she was having a stroke.

I know that they do dramatize the show; otherwise it would be terribly boring. But even if it was totally dramatized (and I don't think it was), it was still terribly cruel.

Maybe there's an explanation on google that can explain how it turned out. Maybe the mother fell down an elevator shaft or something.

"That's a great first pancake."
Lady Gaga, to Tony Bennett
Respected Contributor

I saw the one with that mother.  And yes, they all have some degree of being staged.  My other issue - when they bring male family members/friends and yes, more than once I've seen controlling fiances there with them.  I've seriously never known any male friends/relatives that cared what their bride-to-be's selected.  

Honored Contributor

I just commented to my daughter that I can't watch this anymore.

It seems to me that it's turned into the Pnina Tornai/Hailey Paige show.