Honored Contributor

I just read the upcoming season (the 12th) of The Big Bang Theory will be its last and come to an end in May 2019! The show could have gone on for several more years, I wonder if the actors wanted out or the show just got to be too expensive to produce. I hope Sheldon and Amy, Penny and Leonard both have babies on the way! Thank goodness we'll always have the syndicated shows!

Respected Contributor

@Jordan2  My husband will be extremely disappointed if he knew this...he loves the Big Bang Theory...I may not tell him the bad news!

Honored Contributor

@GAQShopr53, I think he will find out eventually! Maybe you can soften the blow for him!

Frequent Contributor

I will be sorry to see BBT end, but it seems like the writers have done just about all they could. Probably no new plot ideas.

I do hope Young Sheldon stays around for a bit. It’s pretty cute!

Dragonfly

Respected Contributor

I read that today, too, and I admit, it makes me a little sad.  However, I am sure new programs will come along that I love.  I only started watching BBT a couple of years ago, but the syndication shows let me get caught up adequately.  I understand why the actors want to move on, although, at this point, they are so typecast I don't know how they'll play new characters successfully on another show.  Johnny Galecki has "The Connors" to fall back on, since ABC is moving forward with that show, and he got his start on the original "Roseanne", but truly, I almost cannot imagine Jim Parsons as anyone other than Sheldon Cooper!  It's possible that, with syndication residuals, none of them will ever need to work again, LOL!  What does everyone think, will Raj finally find love before the end of the show, or is he an eternal bachellor?

Esteemed Contributor

I heard the news today too.....really loved Big Bang Theory....but i think it may be time......the last year or two have dragged on a bit....and i felt they weren't as funny as years past......at least they will be leaving on a high note and not drag on forever with the quality of the show going down as time passes..............and i am sure it will be seen continuously on reruns....

Respected Contributor

@Jordan2 LOL I think he may have heard the news already...he said all of the good shows are ending!

Honored Contributor

😟😟😟

" You are entitled to your opinion. But you are not entitled to your own facts."
Daniel Patrick Moynihan
Esteemed Contributor

Not to worry.  In a few years, they will probably do a Big Bang Theory reboot.  Woman LOL

Esteemed Contributor

This is my go to show, so of course I am devastated. I NEVER want to see a show with brilliant creative writers go since we are inundated with those low budget disgusting "reality" shows. I felt the same way when Taxi, Frasier, Ally McBeal, Cheers, MTM, That 70's Show, Seinfeld, Barney Miller and others went by the wayside. I named one of my cats long ago Murphy, for Murphy Brown. My two boy cats now are Sheldon and Leonard, and the neighbor cat is named Penny. I had no idea they were going to go only one more season.