Honored Contributor

Saw that Chris Watts story on Investigation Discovery

Kind of sorry I did.  I had taped it.  I did learn a little more about him.  & it made me sick.  So in that way I was sorry I saw it.  Glad they did not dramatize it too much(using actors as they usually do)  Instead use police body cam, which made it scary.  Especially the beginning when they tried to get in the house, but had to wait for Chris to come from work. Very scary to see a body cam of a police approach anyone.  It scared the neighbor who wandered over to tell the police he had a video camera facing the Watts house.  The last 40 minutes were hard to take (the interrogation)

Respected Contributor

Re: Saw that Chris Watts story on Investigation Discovery

I saw that advertised last night and I thought about recording it but then decided not to.  I’m glad I didn’t now. 

Valued Contributor

Sorry, but who is Chris Watts?

Valued Contributor

@songbird  I'm sorry to say I watched it too.It was terribly sad. Why can't  people just get a divorce? And the fate of those 2 little girls...breaks my heart. 

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@tampalady 

He's a Family Annihilator. A psychological term for men convicted of familcide (killing his entire family)  He killed his wife and 2 little girls.  There have been quite a few.  Chris Coleman is another one that comes to mind.  

Honored Contributor

@Estates wrote:

@songbird  I'm sorry to say I watched it too.It was terribly sad. Why can't  people just get a divorce? And the fate of those 2 little girls...breaks my heart. 

It was very hard to watch at times.  That lack of dramatization and the use of body cams was very effective.

Esteemed Contributor

I watched it, too. Sociopathic people are scary. He looks like somebody I would work with....

Honored Contributor

This reminds me of Jeffrey MacDonald, killed his pregnant wife and two daughters.  This guy should have received the death penalty for killing four people.  Scott Peterson got a death sentence for killing two.  

Honored Contributor

He wiped out his family just so that he could start a new life with his new 'love of his life'. If he had a brain I think I know where that brain might be located.

Esteemed Contributor

The wife was very active on social media. She has quite the following on FB. Groups devoted to her. The girl’s being dumped on oil tanks is heartbreaking.

Wrong is still wrong just because you benefited from it.