Valued Contributor

Saw "The hundred step journey" last night.

My friend and I both enjoyed it.

A light hearted story with beautiful scenery.

I'm tired of blood and gore, car chases, etc. Just wanted to sit back and relax in a movie. And this was it.

Honored Contributor

Re: Saw ""The hundred step journey"" last night.

Glad to hear your review. I am going to see it on Monday.

Honored Contributor

My husband keeps bringing this up. Maybe he thinks it's one I'd enjoy, so thanks for your post, I'll let him know your post.

Valued Contributor

Saw it last night with a friend. Her first words when the movie ended "very nice." I thought it was delightful. A good movie for escapism. . .beautiful scenery, gorgeous food and a great looking cast. For a couple of hours, you can't go wrong.

Regular Contributor

I am so with you regarding this post. I did see Guardians of the Galaxy which I loved, I saw it & Get on Up. I went to see Begin Again & A Most Wanted Man today & was talking to a couple of ladies who said the same thing - they're tired of seeing cities blown up & torn apart. Today was the last day for Begin Again & I'm so glad I did. It was really good but did have just a hair too much bad language for me. I've seen much worse but anyway I really did like it. I really love movies but have had to cut back on what I see due to money issues so I therefore need to be a lot more particular. I'm tired of the gloom & doom. Next on my list is the Hundred Foot Journey. I love food & when I saw the trailer I knew I would love it.

Trusted Contributor

I really enjoyed this movie. Since I knew it was going to have a lot of food scenes I treated myself to some popcorn while watching, and I'm so glad I did or else I would have been really hungry during it.

Trusted Contributor

I saw this movie yesterday and really enjoyed it. Very clean (PG rating), beautiful scenery and luscious food. It is the story of two rival restaurants that are across the street from each other. Great way to spend a hot summer afternoon!
Respected Contributor

It's just ok, but I'm glad I saw it. Beautiful France.

Honored Contributor

I so totally agree with you on movie choices. My favorite now is ABOUT TIME. I watch it over and over and laugh through my tears at it. My kind of show. It's by and directed by the same man who brought us Notting Hill, another favorite of mine. I'm done with B & G movies. I want sweet and light.