Honored Contributor

Saw my first "The Kitchen" Quarantine Edtion

[ Edited ]

This is on the Food Network.  Yesterday I saw the the  2020 episode TheKitchen but the group of cooks that were normally there together, were in their own homes individually.  I was wondering how they were going to air this.  Food Network/Cooking Channel have a lot of competition shows.

It turned out to be pretty good.  I could tell they were in their own kitchens and not a Food Network set.  

And I also saw a blurb for the Worst Cooks in America to be shown this coming Sunday.  Am wondering whether they had filmed this before the pandemic of not.

Trusted Contributor

Re: Saw my first "The Kitchen" Quarantine Edtion

I've seen a couple of their 'at home' episodes and like them too!  It's fun to see them at home int their own kitchens.

Honored Contributor

Food Network & Cooking channels are showing more reruns then they normally do.  It's like they needed time  to think of ways to show group cooking and competition

Honored Contributor

It's fun to see people at home.  It's not fun to see people dressed like they just rolled out of bed and horsing around with one another like the Pioneer Woman's latest.  But the Kitchen two I saw were enjoyable. 

I have enjoyed some of the View episodes and found those ladies look nice like they think enough of their audience to brush their teeth and comb their hair. 

Esteemed Contributor

Thanks for sharing @songbird. I'll try to check it out.  

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

I enjoyed it and am recording the next episode. I've seen all these chefs for years. Really LOVE Jeff, I remember The Sandwich King show he had and recall when he won Food Nextwork Star some years back. He's delightful.

I like Katie a lot and Geoff is OK. Sunny for me is "meh" and don't like Alex but can stand her in small doses.

Honored Contributor

@Love my grandkids wrote:

I enjoyed it and am recording the next episode. I've seen all these chefs for years. Really LOVE Jeff, I remember The Sandwich King show he had and recall when he won Food Nextwork Star some years back. He's delightful.

I like Kate a lot and Geoff is OK. Sunny for me is "meh" and don't like Alex but can stand her in small doses.

I noticed a lot of people don't care for Sunny.  She's not a chef, but a very good cook. I like her though.  Geof is a real chef, but he's kind of snobby. Always seems to talk down to you.  Like Bobby, Flay a great chef but his personality.....

Respected Contributor

I have seen a few of these.  They did a decent job.  I keep wondering why is Sunny always outdoors? What will she do if it rains when they need to film?  Is her kitchen super ugly or something? I find it weird.  She acts like she's camping or something.  I don't like her in general but now I find her more annoying.  I saw a Rachel Ray show a couple weeks ago that she filmed from home with her husband and it was pretty funny and entertaining.  They were both drinking while filming. 

Honored Contributor

@Grouchomarx wrote:

I have seen a few of these.  They did a decent job.  I keep wondering why is Sunny always outdoors? What will she do if it rains when they need to film?  Is her kitchen super ugly or something? I find it weird.  She acts like she's camping or something.  I don't like her in general but now I find her more annoying.  I saw a Rachel Ray show a couple weeks ago that she filmed from home with her husband and it was pretty funny and entertaining.  They were both drinking while filming. 

I have to admit that one of the things I like best about the quarantine edition is that I can totally FF through the Sunny segments without her interrupting others on theirs, as she tends to do in the studio kitchen.   She's so obnoxious, has no manners, and just gets on my nerves immediately.

Honored Contributor

@chickenbutt ITA about Sunny. Never liked her. I watched about 2 minutes of her so-called recipe which looked like a hot mess.

I've watch Geoffrey for years and he used to be REAL snobby. I think he's a lot less so now. He used to be really awful sometimes on Chopped but he has gotten kinder over the last couple of years.