Honored Contributor

Re: Saturday night without @oznell :-(

@Pearlee

It was posted tongue-in-cheek.   I'd hoped that was very clear.

[was Homegirl] Love to be home . . . thus the screen name. Joined 2003.
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@GingerPeach wrote:

@Pearlee

@GingerPeach  As was my response, which is why I included LOL and the smilie emoticon.  

Of course it was very clear.

Honored Contributor

@Pearlee wrote:

@GingerPeach wrote:

@Pearlee

@GingerPeach  As was my response, which is why I included LOL and the smilie emoticon.  

Of course it was very clear.

Sorry, @Pearlee

It was careless of me to skip over the LOL at the end.

[was Homegirl] Love to be home . . . thus the screen name. Joined 2003.
Honored Contributor

Yeah, @SharkE,  I've "confessed" before that Katharine Hepburn is not one of my favorites, either.  Feel a little bit guilty about that, ha.  But I'm much more in the Bette Davis-Barbara Stanwyck camp, with a side order of Claudette Colbert and Jean Arthur...

That said, two of her best comedies are on tonight, "Bringing Up Baby" with Cary Grant and "Desk Set" with Spencer Tracy.  Late, late at night I notice they are also showing "Without Love",  where she and Tracy enter a loveless marriage for convenience sake, but Hepburn is really carrying a big torch for him.... Pretty good.

Trusted Contributor

@GingerPeach. You are so right. Usually something oznell writes triggers me (and probably many of you) to remember something about a movie or think about it a little differently. Sometimes what oz writes has encouraged me to give a movie I haven’t liked a another look. 

@Oznell

Good to hear that your husband is doing well.  

Cancer is such an individualized disease in many ways (cell types, development, growth, response to treatments, etc).  

While your husbands’  oncologists want him to lessen meat intake, mine want me to increase!  Lean meat (usually filet Mignon) for building up platelet count and it does increase my energy. (Also eggs and salmon) 

I have dealt with a chronic form of non-Hodgkin lymphoma for 25 years and 3 years with metastatic breast cancer.  I think humour is 

important; fortunately, I can find humour in almost everything. 

I know we will all be watching many of the Summer under the Stars movies but, I look forward to meeting you all in September once again on a dark night back in Noir Alley. 😘

Honored Contributor

You're a warrior, @trenet.  I salute you and include you in my prayers for your ongoing courage and well being.

That humor of yours, along with your unusual acuity and  singularity, is very evident here, and does go a long way in life, whatever the challenges and joys, no?

Always thrilled to see your screen name-- I know I will be reading something good!

Honored Contributor

Oznell,

I just happened upon this thread and was surprised and saddened by what is going on with your DH.  Thank heavens he is, as you report, doing well and giving a valiant, upbeat fight.

Your family will be in my prayers.  As you wrote, many (perhaps most?) of us are living lives that include illness and disease of those dear to us, if not our own maladies.  It is not easy but we must just continue on and do our best. 

So many care for you and, by extension, your family.  

Honored Contributor

Thank you, sweet @golding76.

Honored Contributor

@trenet  I somehow missed the last entries on this thread and just want to say it's your personality that is getting you thru. You have such a great attitude. That's why you'll survive. God bless.

Honored Contributor

We often do not know of the travails of others.  

A dear friend who retired about 1,200 miles away and whom I no longer see but keep in touch with divulged yesterday that her DH is suffering from dementia.  She revealed this only after I related to her the destruction a progressive disease has caused for someone close to me and that I find hard to deal with.

She is not one to complain or blubber but, rather, is always steadfastly doing her best.  I admire her and the devotion to her husband that she is demonstrating at this time.  It is a devotion that is birthed from deep love.  Many of us are familiar with this strength but we do, of course, become afraid at times and do tire.

I do not wish to alienate anyone, but she, like me, wonders how people who do not practice a faith make it through at times like this.  I am sure they have coping mechanisms, but I think it must be terribly hard.

All blessings to you and your husband, Oznell.