Honored Contributor

Saturday night without @oznell :-(

Yikes.  How are we ever going to know what to watch on Saturday night without @Oznell to provide her insight?  Alas and alack.  Are we doomed to a whole month of Saturdays without proper critiques?

(I have to wonder if TCM would have been so cavalier in switching out Saturday night noir for other films during this month if the programmers knew of our dedicated little group here.)  

Now, oznell, none of this jokery means you have to interrupt your plans to cater to our needs during this break from noir.   

In the meantime, all the best to you and best wishes for your husband's return to perfect health.

[was Homegirl] Love to be home . . . thus the screen name. Joined 2003.
Honored Contributor

Re: Saturday night without @oznell :-(

Yikes is right. I’ll google the movies and read the synopsis myself. @Oznell makes the movies so much more interesting adding a little humor along the way.

Respected Contributor

In August TCM runs Summer under the Stars. I will miss my Silent Sunday’s. Every day is dedicated to a single star. I think today is Clint Eastwood.

Honored Contributor

Gosh, @GingerPeach and @OKPrincess!   Thanks, you guys.

I feel the loss of "noir" night very keenly.  It was so much fun to hash over even the less than stellar ones Eddie dredged up for us!

"Summer Under the Stars" is fun, but when they have a string of actors that I'm not that interested in, it makes for a bit of a dry spell.  Watch out for Monday though.  (I think it's Monday?)

That's Audrey Totter day.  A wonderful noir siren, on the order of a Marie Windsor. Smart.  Very interesting looking.  Sort of shallow set eyes, distinctive cheek bones.    Remember, she plays the psychiatrist to Robert Taylor in "The High Wall".  So we do get a little island of mystery and intrigue coming up...

Let's all keep our eyes open for goodies in August.  We'll get through this, gang!  Wish Eddie wasn't AWOL though, don't you?

@GingerPeach, thanks much for your kind remembrance of my husband.  He's in a great frame of mind, doing well, thanks.  He has that even, sunny, opitimistic personality I'm so envious of.... 

Honored Contributor

That's right, @traveler.  And @GingerPeach mentioned before that Sunday, I think, is Katharine Hepburn Day...

Honored Contributor

@Oznell wrote:

Gosh, @GingerPeach and @OKPrincess!   Thanks, you guys.

I feel the loss of "noir" night very keenly.  It was so much fun to hash over even the less than stellar ones Eddie dredged up for us!

"Summer Under the Stars" is fun, but when they have a string of actors that I'm not that interested in, it makes for a bit of a dry spell.  Watch out for Monday though.  (I think it's Monday?)

That's Audrey Totter day.  A wonderful noir siren, on the order of a Marie Windsor. Smart.  Very interesting looking.  Sort of shallow set eyes, distinctive cheek bones.    Remember, she plays the psychiatrist to Robert Taylor in "The High Wall".  So we do get a little island of mystery and intrigue coming up...

Let's all keep our eyes open for goodies in August.  We'll get through this, gang!  Wish Eddie wasn't AWOL though, don't you?

@GingerPeach, thanks much for your kind remembrance of my husband.  He's in a great frame of mind, doing well, thanks.  He has that even, sunny, opitimistic personality I'm so envious of.... 

It sounds like you both have an optimistic outlook on life as we all should have. Take good care of your husband. And thanks to homegirl for mentioning him when I failed to. Sometimes I can’t remember people’s situations so I will say a special prayer 🙏🏻 for your family.

Honored Contributor

I adore @Oznell.  She's special and one of a kind.  The world would be so much better were there more Oznell's in it.

Valued Contributor

Glad to hear that your husband is doing well @Oznell. I'm sure he feels blessed to have a kind wife like you to help him.

Honored Contributor

Oznell will continue to provide great descriptions and interesting observations about movies, no matter what type.  I enjoy these forums because of people like Oznell who are movie buffs and I learn from their insights.  Ladies, have a good evening!!!!!

Esteemed Contributor

@Oznell - sending good wishes to you and your husband.