Honored Contributor

Re: Saturday night film noir

@Judaline  tee hee, tee hee.  I bought a silver cuff too from unfortunately QVC. It was a Carolyn Pollack and she's just in Albuquerque, New Mexico about 4 hr drive from me and they always ship free and on the ball. I emailed them , but, they were sold out , so, I had to fall back on Q. Funny, though, it's coming from Albuquerque, so, it must be coming from carolyn Pollock ? Suppose to get Mon.  Put it on easy pay LOL  Since I bought a gold bangle from Sam's.  I'm incorrigible.  Hubbo made me pay him 200 on the gold bracelet ! cheapskate.

Honored Contributor

@SharkE wrote:

@Judaline  tee hee, tee hee.  I bought a silver cuff too from unfortunately QVC. It was a Carolyn Pollack and she's just in Albuquerque, New Mexico about 4 hr drive from me and they always ship free and on the ball. I emailed them , but, they were sold out , so, I had to fall back on Q. Funny, though, it's coming from Albuquerque, so, it must be coming from carolyn Pollock ? Suppose to get Mon.  Put it on easy pay LOL  Since I bought a gold bangle from Sam's.  I'm incorrigible.  Hubbo made me pay him 200 on the gold bracelet ! cheapskate.

Whatever it takes I always say. A girl has needs.

Honored Contributor

J384121   isn't it cute ? LOL  bold, but, basic

Honored Contributor

@SharkE wrote:

J384121   isn't it cute ? LOL  bold, but, basic

Beautiful. I'm a gold person, myself. Has to be 10 or 14K or I'll break out. (isn't that a shame?)

Trusted Contributor

Regarding the wonderful actor Ralph Meeker.....one of his best films, I think is "Something Wild" with Carroll Baker. Made in 1961, it is a stark drama, very compelling and I first watched this many years ago. Carroll Baker was wonderful in this in the starring role, but Ralph Meeker to me, was on equal footing. I don't want to give away the plot, but be sure and look for it if it is shown again. Ralph Meeker at the beginning of his career played in "Picnic". on the stage in New York! Now I bet that one sizzled!

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Judaline    I'll send you a pic of my gold bracelet my b'day and xmas gift.

10CH12.JPG

Honored Contributor

@TexasMom1 wrote:

Regarding the wonderful actor Ralph Meeker.....one of his best films, I think is "Something Wild" with Carroll Baker. Made in 1961, it is a stark drama, very compelling and I first watched this many years ago. Carroll Baker was wonderful in this in the starring role, but Ralph Meeker to me, was on equal footing. I don't want to give away the plot, but be sure and look for it if it is shown again. Ralph Meeker at the beginning of his career played in "Picnic". on the stage in New York! Now I bet that one sizzled!

My mom saw Picnic in NY with Paul Newman-Newman played the part that Cliff Robertson portrayed in the movie. Probably Ralph Meeker played the lead-but there could have been several variations. Meeker and Newman. Whew!

Honored Contributor

@SharkE wrote:

@Judaline    I'll send you a pic of my gold bracelet my b'day and xmas gift.

10CH12.JPG

No tempting allowed. Besides, where would I go to wear my nice jewelry.  

Honored Contributor

Wearing mine to the Longhorn restaurant Mon. then to the church next Sunday.

Trusted Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Judaline  I think Ralph  Meeker played the best Mike Hammer character, although I also like Stacey Keach for the part.  In any of Mickey Spillane's, Mike Hammer detective movies all the good guys have a little bad in them.  Kiss Me Deadly is a great example of true film noir.  What a crazy ending in this film.