Honored Contributor

Re: Saturday Night Live 5/8/21

I thought he did a pretty good job.  Better than some I have seen in the past.  

Respected Contributor

@FranandZoe wrote:

I love SNL too.  *I've been watching it since the first episode.  I think it's so funny how people say it's been going down the tubes for years, hasn't been funny for years, it's all political, etc. None of this is true.  These people obviously don't watch the show.  It's in its 46th season!  

@FranandZoe  Well said! 

At times, the writing is good and other times not so much.  When they get an exceptional host that can be funny in skits, it seems to pick up.

Two of my favorites come to mind, Jon Hamm and Justin Timberlake.

"Justice will not be served until those who are unaffected are as outraged as those who are." BF
Honored Contributor

I don't know a lot about him and didn't know about the Asperger's either.  But I thought he did a pretty good job of it.  His girlfriend is really lovely.

As for Miley - she definitely has a great voice but she's always skeeved me out.   It's like that person who you are afraid if you get too close you'll catch something.  

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

I just watched last night's show - it was great as usual.  Musk did fine.  Miley was really good - I really like her.

Very little political anything in the show - just a few comments in Weekend Update.  A lot of very cleven skits and talented people.  Loved all  the mothers at the beginning.

Honored Contributor

Oh!  I had forgotten about the mothers!   I loved that cold open.   

I'm always so amazed when the son/daughter looks so much like the mother.  I know that's no big thing to most but, as somebody who never had kids, it's like this magical thing that I can only see from a distance.    So many of them looked so much like their mothers.   Heart

Trusted Contributor

I thought he did OK.  I usually watch until after Weekend Update.  That is my favorite part.  I like Colin Jost and Michael Che.

Trusted Contributor

As for Miley Cyrus, I guess she has a good voice but to me she sounds like she's always straining.  Wonder if her voice will hold out for another ten years.  Not wishing harm or anything but she seems to always be screaming and pushing her voice.