Respected Contributor

SNL is new tonight, 5/8/21 with host Elon Musk.   What could possibly go wrong with that choice???  Smiley Happy

Musical guest will be Miley Cyrus.

"Justice will not be served until those who are unaffected are as outraged as those who are." BF
Honored Contributor

Re: Saturday Night Live 5/8/21

It's the possibility of something going "wrong with that choice" that will have people tuning in, it's all about the ratings.

Esteemed Contributor

I honestly thought he did pretty well - better than a lot of athletes that they’ve had on Still, most of the show IMO was pretty weak. The post covid party was probably a little too close to reality and I really only laughed when Chad took off his helmet and (for some unknown reason) at the western skit that closed the show.

They missed their chance to bring to life one of my favorite memes - it says something along the lines that Elon Musk was one lab accident away from becoming a Marvel supervillion.
Respected Contributor

I will look forward to catching this episode On Demand at some point.  I think Elon Musk is an interesting choice of host.  Don't know much about him other than he created Tesla and SpaceX and has become quite the wealthy guy.  Is he brilliant?  Maybe so.

Not a Miley Cyrus fan but as another poster mentioned, she always seems entertaining.  I like her voice, just not crazy about her music.

Plenty of actors who have hosted haven't been all that great and some have been big letdowns in the skits.  Also too many commercials esp. after the first half hour, I become impatient and lose interest.

Flowers are nature's way of laughing
Honored Contributor

I read yesterday that they had promised to be good! I saw some of it last night but didnt watch all.

Faith is the strength by which a shattered world shall emerge into the light. —Helen Keller
Respected Contributor

Had some laughs.  Miley sounded great.  Fun to see all the Moms.  A couple looked quite young.

Highlighted
Trusted Contributor

Ranked right up there with "really bad."  EM is not funny and unfortunately, doesn't have the talent to deliver good lines.  Oh well, he tried.  I liked the "murder durder" sketch, but that was about it.  Sadly, SNL decided about ten years or so ago they'd cater to adolescent boy/bathroom humor thinking that's what their audience wanted.  When Eddie Murphy hosted last year, you saw the return of quality sketches since he brought his best game to the show.  The following week they were back to inferior writing and weak sketches.  Lorne Michaels lets way too much garbage pass as funny.  

Honored Contributor

I didn't know that Mr. Musk had Asperger's Syndrome.  I thought it brave of him to state this on national television.  Knowing this, I think he probably delivered the best performance he could under the circumstance.

Honored Contributor

I enjoyed seeing the moms of the cast members, also loved the spoof of Mare Of Easttown as well.

Respected Contributor

I love SNL too.  *I've been watching it since the first episode.  I think it's so funny how people say it's been going down the tubes for years, hasn't been funny for years, it's all political, etc. None of this is true.  These people obviously don't watch the show.  It's in its 46th season!