Esteemed Contributor

Re: Saturday Night Fever: The Ultimate Disco Movie

I love this movie! I love John Travolta. I love disco! Always have and still do.

Trusted Contributor

You just saw the movie now?  Where have you been Sunshine??Woman LOL

I saw the movie on Christmas night with my cousins.  1977 I think.  I still love the music.  I had the album, 8 track, cassette and CD of the soundtrack throughout the years.  Now it's on my iphoneWoman Tongue.  And I still love it.

TheBeeGeesSaturdayNightFeveralbumcover.jpg

My friends and I even went to the club in Brooklyn where it takes place.  We were very disappointed, nothing like the movie and no John Travolta!

Honored Contributor

@roeroe1005 wrote:

You just saw the movie now?  Where have you been Sunshine??Woman LOL

I saw the movie on Christmas night with my cousins.  1977 I think.  I still love the music.  I had the album, 8 track, cassette and CD of the soundtrack throughout the years.  Now it's on my iphoneWoman Tongue.  And I still love it.

TheBeeGeesSaturdayNightFeveralbumcover.jpg

My friends and I even went to the club in Brooklyn where it takes place.  We were very disappointed, nothing like the movie and no John Travolta!

@roeroe1005  It was a documentary about the movie that @sunshine45  is posting about. She talks about it in her post.

Trusted Contributor

Oh my gosh, my apologies!  I must be more tired than I thought or I have some serious reading comprehension issues!

That's it - I'm going to bed!

Duh!

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Snowpuppy   I said the same thing to DH the other night about 8:30 p.m.  Jokingly asked if he wanted to go bowling.  The last bowling league I was on started at 9 pm.

Used to go out dancing every weekend - sometimes more often.  Never left home until 9:30 p.m.  Didn't need to get there until the band started.

Now even though I stay up late most nights, I can't imagine even wanting to leave the house at night, let allow go dancing  Of course my mind still wants to, it is my body that objects!

Esteemed Contributor

@shoesnbags No shame in that, that is how it came out!  I do too, and I don’t have a record player right now.  I do have a digital version as well.

Honored Contributor

@NYCLatinaMe wrote:

@shoesnbags No shame in that, that is how it came out!  I do too, and I don’t have a record player right now.  I do have a digital version as well.

I have the soundtrack bookmarked. I can play the whole thing even as I write this.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

The documentaries on Reelz are the best of its kind, the one they did on Grease, Top Gun and Pretty Woman, were all excellent. 

Honored Contributor

This is so funny!  What memories....I was 17 years old when this movie came out and though I was not a disco girl, how can you not love this movie???   Then followed by Grease which is also a great Travolta flick Smiley Happy

Esteemed Contributor

I love the soundtrack of this movie! I have Night Fever, but am still Stayin' Alive. 

"The more I learn about people, the more I like my dog."

Mark Twain