Trusted Contributor

Re: Saturday 9/19/2015: Big Brother Live Feed Spoilers and Updates!!!

@K9buddy wrote:

I honestly don't know where everyone gets that idea that Steve is brilliant. What has he done that's brilliant?  He played a horrible game for someone who is supposed to be  a student of the game.  He accomplished nothing during his reigning HOHs.  He played all season for Vanessa.  I'd say she's the brilliant one who could get a so called student of the game to  get her to the end.  If anyone deserves to lose, it's him.

Steve is brilliant... as I said, just not in the Big Brother house. I have been for Vanessa since day one.  You are correct she is playing a brilliant game as I previously posted. She played the perfect BB game and deserves to win.  But will she win....I don't know about that? There are not many Pro-Vanessa...but that is Big Brother at its best!

Respected Contributor

another argument I would make for Liz is they let her come into the house as a twin and then they let her stay over Julia.   I would say that Steve would deserve to win over Julia but not necessarily over Liz.   

I can give credit to Vanessa but I still don't want to see her win.

Honored Contributor

What make Steve brilliant?  I think that word gets used too often these days.  So he was Valedictorian of his high school.  I don't know where he's from but in areas where I live (Northern Va/DC area, there are an enormous amount of people who'd be deemed brilliant but are dumber than a doorknob actually.  My son-in-law was tested and could be a member of mensa, are all of the people who went to his high school (only a chosen few get in).  That's brilliant.  Steve just frets over everything.

I think it would be fun if Liz won.  I used to like Steve but I started watching BB more and saw how he stuck with Vanessa and she became his Momma outside of his home town and his real mother.

Vanessa zeroed in on him from the beginning.  She knew he'd end up there because when it comes to the mental parts of this game, he'd come out winning.  She's a user.  

At least with Liz pretty much what you see is what you get.  I admit, I didn't see a lot of this game but what I did see was someone who found love (even if it lasts a few more months in her mind it's love).  

I hope Liz wins.  I always wanted John to win, but he won't be, so I hope Liz wins.

Thanks gardenman for taking so much of your time to help us/me understand what was going on.  I mainly watched it late at night.  Most of the time it was boring.  As boring as watching paint dry.  It was you, gardenman who made it interesting (especially for someone like me, who has the attention span of a fruit fly).

All of you guys here on the forum are wonderful (we've gotten some new posters, I think that is thanks to gardenman for his/her wonderful postings.

Trusted Contributor

Gardenman, I am sorry that you missed out on some sleep last night.  Maybe you can nap during the day today!!??? 

As an elderly Mom of a son, I can only hope that MY son will take as good care of me as you do for your Mom -  IF, I ever need the help!  You are certainly a good son to her.

Thank you for all the BB reports/updates this year.  I have to say that this season was better than last season!!   Thanks again!

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

There are 2 kinds of brillance. One is academic and the other is street smarts.

There are those in the academia world that are brillant but in life, they are all screwed up or emotionally backward.

Then, there are those that are street smart but not necessarily the brightest at academics.

This reminds me of the question...Would you rather be Lucky or Smart or should I use the world Brilliant?

Steve is obviously not street smart as he is socially awkward. Supposedly, he is very bright as he is going for his masters. However, I can tell you, since I have a masters that I went to school with some of the "not too bright people" at a large private school in NYC where I wondered how the heck did these people get in?

I can say Liz is not bright and by her display of bedroom antics on national tv, her social game is that she is the popular girl in high school that all the football players want to go out on a date with...at the drive in. Oh Liz, mama and poppa must be so proud!

Vanessa has definitely been lucky. At cards and in the BB house. Many people have noted that if she were in the BB during other seasons, she would have not gone this far. Put one HG in another season and things would work out very differently because of the diverse pool of HGs. Timing is everything. The crying...is overboard.  She is a heavily medicated person that is naturally intense and can go on and on....until she gets her way.

Personally, I would rather be Lucky than Brilliant!

Last evening, Liz and Steve were talking about when they would tell Liz that they are taking each other to the final 2. I realize that both have said that they are taking Liz to the Final 2....but how much power does Vanessa have over Steve.  She is probably trying to convince him that since they have each won one competition that they deserve to be in the final 2 (and let the best man/woman win). Clearly, Steve knows that his chances are better with Liz. However, don't underestimate momma Vanessa's power over Steve. If Steve does marry or find a girl to hold hands with or snuggle....she will definitely be the dominant one in the relationship. Steve will go along with anyone provided someone pays attention to him. Clearly, Steve is having the best time of his life in the BB House.

For the best television....and for ratings with CBS....it would be beneficial for Steve to win the 3rd competition. Black out all the feeds. But right before the blackout...CBS will show how Vanessa is talking to Steve about a final 2 and how he will probably beat her because of all his great game play! This would get everyone talking!  Who will Steve select to be in the Final 2 on Wednesday, September 23rd!  Oops...it probably will be disclosed on Tuesday...  Either way....the suspense is definitely there, now that Steve won the 2nd competition.

It doesn't matter who you want to win. The biggest draw could be whether Steve will finally put his big boy pants on and pick the person that he has the best chance of beating in the Final 2.  People will want to see if he grew some balls....finally! 

Wouldn't it be wonderful to see a Nerd win?  After all, nerds don't win popularity contests...do they?  With James and Johnny Mac...fighting for the prize...I wouldn't say either one of them won Mr. Popularity in high school. I didn't like the fact that James was Shelli's pawn during the beginning of the season and he just went along with it. However, someone he came out shinning in the audience's eyes. I can't stand listening to Johnny Mac but I admire that he was evicted and then returned to the house and lasted until the final 4. Very impressive!

Therefore, I am hoping that Steve wins the 3rd competition!  Someone posted that they are not rooting for anyone but just don't want Vanessa in the final 2. I would agree with that. However, with the remaining HG....deep down, I am hoping for Steve to finally come out ahead!  Steve, your real mom is telling you to get that nasty, lying, crying Vanessa out of the house!

BTW, I watched part of Johnny Mac's interview with Jeff.  I couldn't continue with the laugh. He is so goofy. Perhaps when he sees himself on tv, he might try to change his demeanor a bit.  I for one would need a strong dose of valium just to walk into the room and lie back on the chair at the dental practice he works for.

Have a great weekend....Peeps!

Respected Contributor

Please do not let Vanessa win, she is kooky crazy and extremely annoying!

Trusted Contributor

Ok, as I say all the time can't stand Vanessa,if she is a millionaire than that should disqualifiy her [my opinion], Liz never liked her or sister, and i watched her goodbye message to john mac and she was a mean girl,trashy talk to him. Steve is Steve a nerd not sociable,but he played sometimes good and then other times I wanted to shake him to wake up.Like others none of these are my favorites,I don't like the way Vanessa plays,but than again these were a bunch of dummies playing ,made it easy for her. I hope Steve wins it all and I want to see Vanessa cry, cry, cry.Tucka.

Honored Contributor

All of you are right.  All you make a lot of sense (in my opinion, which is totally novice in this game).

I would think at this point you would have to think about who the jury would vote for.  (Isn't that the deciding factor)?  It seems like everyone thinks Vanessa is not well-liked.  I don't think there is a lot of love for Liz either.  Whereas Steve has been Momma's boy from the beginning (to Vanessa and his love for his Momma).  His pawing over Vanessa (substitute Momma) makes me sometimes feel as if I'm going to regurtitate.  As a mother of 3 daughters and 8 young grandchildren, I/me/myself pride myself on the fact that they think for themselves and would hope that they wouldn't pick a nincompoop (made up word) like Liz or a coniving bit (fill in ch) like Vanessa as a substitute for momma.

I'd totally dismissed how much I disliked Liz smacking lips (and undercover antics) with gross hairy-monster.  So, after much forethought I think Steve will pick Vanessa because he probably knows for sure he'd get picked over Vanessa.  I think those who think with their brains and know a lot about the game like a lot of you do know that Vanessa played a really good game and would most likely vote for her because of that.  (Makes sense).

Last night (starting at mid-night as always) the BB show was blocked out saying they were competiting for something that would be shown at a later time.  I finally fell asleep much later and don't know when it came back on.

Honored Contributor

Vanessa deserves the win, but secretly I'd love to see Steve give her the boot. She worked hard to keep him in the game when Sixth Sense had him as a potential target. It would be fun to see that come back to bite her now.

I'm not really invested in any of the final three but if I had to rank them in terms of deserving to win, I'd probably put Vanessa first, Liz second, and Steve third. Vanessa played a very frantic game, but it got her this far, so kudos to her. I can't imagine we've ever had a houseguest speak as many words as Vanessa did this season. Whenever things weren't going her way the words would come flooding out.

Liz went into the house looking for a human shield. She first tried out Jace, who left before things could go anywhere, then moved on to Jeff who imploded badly. There weren't a lot of human shield options left then (Steve, John, Jason, James, and Austin, Shelli had already scooped up Clay as a human shield) so she latched onto Austin and rode him to the end. She won comps along the way and avoided the big mistake.

Steve laid low and tried to keep out of the line of fire, then largely became Vanessa's lapdog. All three had strategies that got them to the end, but Vanessa worked the hardest, Liz sacrificed her dignity, Steve followed in Vanessa's wake.

Fly!!! Eagles!!! Fly!!!
Frequent Contributor

I agree that Vanessa deserves to win. Yet I too would love for Steve to win Part 3 and take Liz to the Final 2, if only to teach Vanessa a lesson.

Four days away from the Finale?! Seems like forever from now, as I'm so anxious to see the outcome!