Honored Contributor

Saturday 8/12/2017 Big Brother 19 Live Feed Spoilers and Updates!!!

Yesterday saw the Temptation comp play out. For several days various annoying sounds have played in the house and the house guests have memorized them, but in the temptation comp the challenge wasn't so much the sounds as which part of the house they were played in. Mark got them all correct and won the comp making him safe for this week. Matt threw the comp (as Matt throws every comp) and is the automatic third nominee.

We then had another fight, this time involving Mark, Josh and Christmas. Paul briefly hopped in also as they all gave Mark a hard time over whether he knew Paul and Christmas would be Cody's nominees way, way back in week one and why Mark voted out Josh instead of Ramses. They tried to drag Cody into the fight, but he was having no part of it. Eventually that all calmed back down. Mark winning safety was probably the biggest instigator of that fight. The house was not happy about that. They'd planned to put him and Elena on the block and backdoor Cody. Now someone on Paul's side would have to go up as a pawn.

As soon as that comp ended the planning on who to nominate picked up speed. The original plan had been Mark and Elena but Mark winning safety ruined that plan. (Though Alex later on in the evening after nominations reminded Mark that she didn't nominate him. Well, duh! He was immune this week. She couldnt nominate him. I'm not so sure Alex is as smart as many assume.) Talk then switched to who on their side would be the best competitor to win POV and Paul's name came up. Paul was less than thrilled with this dea and Alex agreed that it could be dangerous as the house could decide to vote out Paul. Paul suggested Josh, but Alex said no, that they needed to win POV and Josh isn't such a great competitor. Jason then volunteered to go up opposite Elena. Alex liked this idea as it would make the house think her and Jason weren't so close. (I'm guessing she thinks the house has been blind the last seven weeks or has amnesia. Everyone knows they're tight.) And so it was decided, the two nominees would be Jason and Elena joining Matt on the block.

The plan is still to backdoor Cody. Potential roadblocks to this plan are Cody being picked to play in the POV and winning it. Matt winning the POV and using it on himself, since he was the third nominee there would be no replacement. And someone else in the house becoming a bigger target than Cody. (Not likely.) Matt has been advised to use the POV on Jason if he wins it rather than on himself. Not necessarily the smartest move as Paul is talking about getting rid of Matt in the very near future to bring Raven to his side as she'd have no where else to go. If Matt stays on the block, there's a chance he could be evicted this week. As a general rule in Big Brother, if you can make yourself safe, make yourself safe. Otherwise there's a good chance Julie will hit you alongside the head (as she did Marcellas) and ask "What were you thinking?"

Paul's working now to flip the house on Kevin in the very near future. Paul wants to provoke Kevin into exploding to help flip the house against him. Paul thinks Kevin has a temper he's kept in check and Paul wants to make Kevin reveal his temper. Christmas and Kevin are still very buddy-buddy and touchy-feely with each other. They're also in agreement that Paul has to go soon though they don't talk about that with each other. If they ever do and get serious about it, they could have a hard time rallying the votes to evict Paul.

At this moment, Paul has Alex, Josh and Jason solidly in his back pocket and supporting him through thick and thin. Alex wants her and Paul as the top three and likely the top two. (How does she think she'd beat Paul???) Paul wants to pull in Raven also. Elena thinks Paul is on her side also. That could give Paul six of the house backing him. I'm not sure how any of them think they can beat him, but they aren't thinking that far ahead.

Today will see the picking of the POV players. For maximum drama it would be good to see Cody's name picked. If Cody's name isn't drawn then the POV comp is largely just a waste of time as everyone else is in on the plan to backdoor Cody and unless Matt stumbles into the win (highly unlikely) and uses the POV on himself (once again unlikely though the smart move) then the rest of the week will follow Paul's script. 

Paul's next target is Mark, then Matt and likely Kevin. Mark will likely need to win in the double eviction on Thursday to stay alive in the game. A Mark win in the HOH comp on Thursday could be interesting. He hasn't been part of the planning for who to evict next, so who knows what he'd do? Likely Josh and someone, but who? Christmas after their fight yesterday? That would make sense to him.

If Cody's name isn't pulled to play for the POV and he doesn't win the POV if pulled, then the rest of this week will be very, very predictable. An HOH win by anyone other than Mark and possibly Elena on Thursday will likely have Mark heading out to jury with Cody. (Not bad for either guy as they get along well and like each other.)

I'm not sure there's any chance for Paul to be in any real danger for the foreseeable future the way the game is stacked up just now. It's hard to envision a scenario where he doesn't make the top five at this point. Kevin, Cody and Christmas are the only ones really targeting him and Cody's likely gone this week with Kevin not too far behind him.

Here's hoping we get a surprise, or this could become one of the more boring and predictable BB's ever. Very few in the house seem to be thinking for themselves at this point and most are just blindly following Paul's lead. while that's great for him, it makes for boring feed watching. We want drama, intrigue, suspense, and we're not getting it.

Fly!!! Eagles!!! Fly!!!
Respected Contributor

Re: Saturday 8/12/2017 Big Brother 19 Live Feed Spoilers and Updates!!!

Thank you gardenman for the updates everyday.  I don't get the live feeds so I would not understand what is really going on.  It really is a boring season so far.  I would not mind an all vet year but I hate it when vets come back in with the new ones.  If it was not for Cody and Jessica this would have been even more boring so far.  I know Paul is a good player but I would love to see him gone.  Then it might get a little unpredictable and the others would have to think for themselves. 

Honored Contributor

@chiclet wrote:

Thank you gardenman for the updates everyday.  I don't get the live feeds so I would not understand what is really going on.  It really is a boring season so far.  I would not mind an all vet year but I hate it when vets come back in with the new ones.  If it was not for Cody and Jessica this would have been even more boring so far.  I know Paul is a good player but I would love to see him gone.  Then it might get a little unpredictable and the others would have to think for themselves. 

Yeah, if Paul left, the game would become very unpredictable and much more fun to watch. As it is it's largely like they're all just following a script and obeying orders without question. It's largely like Derrick's season where everyone just lined up and did whatever he asked. It's great if you're Derrick or Paul, but from a feed watcher's perspective it's boring. We know the script weeks in advance. (Cody, Mark, Kevin, Matt, Elena, Christmas are all queued up and in line for eviction in the coming weeks, though the order may vary a bit.) There's no real suspense. If Cody's name isn't pulled for the POV comp then the comp won't matter and the rest of the week will simply be killing time until they evict Cody on Thursday.

BB is fun to watch when there's an ebb and flow in the power. There's been no real change in power this year. Paul has largely controlled every eviction since week one. It's great if you're a Paul fan, but truth be told, it's boring as heck if you're not. 

BB should be unpredictable, exciting, and entertaining. A season like this is none of the above. 

Fly!!! Eagles!!! Fly!!!
Valued Contributor

@gardenman,

Has there ever been a cast as stupid as this one?  Nearly everyone is following the lead of "one" person, from the beginning of the game, and likely all the way through to the end, if something doesn't change quickly.

It's boring all right, and very frustrating too. Woman Frustrated

Honored Contributor

@CaliKat wrote:

@gardenman,

Has there ever been a cast as stupid as this one?  Nearly everyone is following the lead of "one" person, from the beginning of the game, and likely all the way through to the end, if something doesn't change quickly.

It's boring all right, and very frustrating too. Woman Frustrated

This is not a great cast. The devotion to Paul is kind of hard to understand. We're way low on heroes in this cast. They did a nice job casting BBOTT, but missed badly with this group. Christmas might have taken on Paul if she didn't have the broken foot. She's an alpha type, but she's very vulnerable on just one leg. Cody and Jessica, despite their obvious character flaws, are the only two who dared to challenge Paul, that's why they were so highly rated. We want drama, excitement, unpredictability, we're getting none of it.

Paul tells Matt, "I want you to throw the temptation comp so you'll be the third nominee" and Matt does. What?!? Hey Paul, why don't you throw the comp to be the third nominee? Now Matt's agreed not to use the POV on himself if he should win it. Sure, who needs a half million dollars. I can't disappoint Paul by saving myself. No, that would be wrong.

This cast is full of sheep. It's just bizarre to watch. Do any of them truly think they can beat Paul in the end? If they do, then they're sadly mistaken. The smart move was to take Paul out before jury. Now Paul will use his influence to decide who wins, so unless you're his chosen one, you're not going to win. We've gone from a nine person jury to essentially a one person jury as long as the sheep keep obeying Paul.

Fly!!! Eagles!!! Fly!!!
Contributor

I know this is a bit off the subject but did Raven actually say that Cody tried to kiss her??   If she did, does anyone know if that was at the beginning or just recently? 

Honored Contributor

@joa wrote:

I know this is a bit off the subject but did Raven actually say that Cody tried to kiss her??   If she did, does anyone know if that was at the beginning or just recently? 

I think that was at the very beginning of the season when we didn't have feeds yet.

Fly!!! Eagles!!! Fly!!!
Respected Contributor

I just hope if paul makes it to final two he comes in second.

Respected Contributor

A vet one last year but nobody complained.

I seem to remember before Cody left him telling Paul about Mark. So why not just admit he lied? .

Valued Contributor

@joa wrote:

I think she lied about that. She lies about everything else.