Honored Contributor

Re: Sara Haines is Leaving The View

really enjoy sara on the view. she will be missed. i like paula faris also, but she is not on that much at all (sometimes on fridays when whoopi is off.) they gave paula a big send off on friday.

for those of you saying that ratings for THE VIEW are bad or down, that is not true. it is doing quite well. it is having its most watched season in the past four years. "The talk show improved week-to-week in each respective category: +7% or 2.596 million in Total Viewers, +10% or 414,000 in Women 25-54 and +13% or 285,000 in Women 18-49. "

it is one of my "not to be missed shows." i watch it if i am at work or at home or working from home. this has been an excellent season.

"The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing." - Albert Einstein
Honored Contributor

@RainCityWoman wrote:

@coffee drinker wrote:

@GCR18 You read my mind.  Watched parts of it when Judge Jeanine was a guest and could not believe my ears and eyes.  No way for a host to treat a guest.  Hope this doesn't get deleted, but I'm sure it will. 

She gave as good as she got. 

@RainCityWoman

and she was "giving" way before she started "getting." Smiley Wink

"The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing." - Albert Einstein
Esteemed Contributor

@tansy wrote:

@sunshine45 wrote:

@coffee drinker wrote:

@GCR18 You read my mind.  Watched parts of it when Judge Jeanine was a guest and could not believe my ears and eyes.  No way for a host to treat a guest.  Hope this doesn't get deleted, but I'm sure it will. 

you mean you thought that judge jeanine was FAIR herself? she was horrible that day. you may want to read up on what happened AFTER and prior to her being on the show that day.

if anyone thinks that a guest cannot get their own message or agenda across needs to watch a clip of that show. she tried her best not to allow any rebuttels or questions.

Whoopi seemingly kicked  Judge Pirro off the show

because the Judge stood up to her and Whoopi

couldn’t have that.

Judge Pierro said" I went on thinking that we would

have a discussion about my new book. The truth is,

that it was an attack on the president, and then on

me.

I sat there as Whoopi Goldberg pontificated about

how horrible the president was and at one point I said

‘you know I’m here to talk about the book’ and then

she went ballistic – ended the segment.

She said ‘That’s It I’m Done’ and what people didn’t

see who were watching the show, was Whoopi

yanked away from the desk where we were all

sitting and she decided that she was going to

end the segment

No one saw that coming, but it got worse off stage."

Honored Contributor

The 'judge' woman seemed to remember it WAY differently than how it actually happened.

Honored Contributor

WHOOPI:

“Unless you were under a rock yesterday, you know all about Jeanine Pirro’s appearance here on the show. Things got hot on the air, which you expect, that happens a lot. But I want to clear up what happened afterwards, because she talked about it on Fox News last night, and Fox and Friends this morning, or The Five, or whatever it is. But she seemed to leave out some key points, because, well, she left a lot of pertinent stuff out. And there were a lot of people backstage, and I want to be very clear about what happened. So there’s a lot of spinning she’s doing, and I can’t do anything about that, but I can tell you what went on.

She was upset when she got here, because Ana Navaro was here instead of Joy [Behar]. And after the segment, which ended when it was supposed to—it was not early, it was not late, it ended when it was supposed to—she then called everybody at the table a name I cannot repeat on TV and said it in front of the audience.

When I came offstage, I went over there, because I was a little hot, okay? So I went to calm down. She came off, she could have just passed me, she didn’t need to stop, but she stopped, and put a finger in my face, and said, ‘I’ve done more for victims than you ever will.’ Then I said to her some few choice words I cannot repeat. Yes, I did say it, I did say it, but I did not spit on her, I did not intimidate her, no one chased her out of here saying get out, but she did leave here cursing at the people who booked the show, she cursed at the guys who do the security for the show.

So I did say to her in the middle of all of this, ‘You and I have never had a problem before,’ you know? And then I had to go back to work to finish the show. Which should tell you none of us were chasing her, because we still had another segment to do.

For 20 years, the show has always had people on with different views, like Newt Gingrich, Corey Lewandowski, Charlotte Pence, Sarah Sanders, Trey Gowdy, Dana Perino, Jenna and Barbara Bush. Jeanine, good luck with your book. I hear it’s number one. I preferred your last book about Robert Durst, but there’s no accounting for taste, you know? I liked the book! I liked the last book.

So that’s what happened. And I suspect this is going to go on because she has a show on Saturday and stuff, but look. You can come to this show, we treat everybody with respect. But you cannot come and call people names. You cannot point at people and you can’t do this to people. And people who know Jeanine know exactly what I’m talking about. they know she likes to stir it up. I rarely get stirred up, but I got stirred up yesterday. And I did apologize for getting hot, I said, it doesn’t happen often. Every 10 years it seems.”

Esteemed Contributor

I watched it on YouTube 

Whoopi actually looked like she was possessed!

The intolerance was on full display for all to see.

Esteemed Contributor

I don’t think it was Judge Jeanine’s finest hour but Whoopi was the host who yelled at her “we’re done” and cut to commercial and the she was gone. That was beyond rude. She was treated beyond horrible. I don’t know what happened off camera because I wasn’t there but I tend to believe Judge Jeanine because of what I saw on camera. Whoopi has also treated Bill OReilly rudely as a host also. I guess Disney is okay with this. If they get ratings the same behavior will be tolerated maybe even encouraged. 

Wrong is still wrong just because you benefited from it.
Honored Contributor

whoopi has a job to do and when a segment is due to be over, it is over.

judge jeanine would not stop and whoopi HAD to end it due to advertising obligations.

judge jeanine didnt want questions to be asked, she didnt want opposing views, and she certainly didnt want to stop herself from talking at all.

it seemed like there were plenty of people OFF camera and behind the scenes that witnessed judge jeanines behavior when she first got there and when she left the scene. i am sure that THAT is why whoopi made the statement she did.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

I’d like to know why the woman was upset to have Ana Novarro on the panel, instead of Joy.

Throwing a mic pack at a crew member is certainly childish behavior.  

Valued Contributor

@MorningLover wrote:

I watched it on YouTube 

Whoopi actually looked like she was possessed!

The intolerance was on full display for all to see.

I agree.....Saw it on ET and thought the same.  2 very opposite opinions, but the host handled the situation very poorly.  There was only 1 "view" but I think both of them were appalling.