Honored Contributor

Sara Haines is Leaving The View

This is from today's Page Six column:

“The View” co-host Sara Haines will leave the show to join Michael Strahan on the new third hour of “Good Morning America” in September, Page Six has exclusively learned.

Her exit from “The View” comes on the heels of news that co-host Paula Faris will leave the show as well as her job at “GMA” as weekend anchor.

ABC News announced in May that it would launch a third hour of “GMA,” when it also canceled its daytime foodie show “The Chew.”

But since announcing the third hour for “GMA” — which will air in the 1p.m. timeslot — ABC had not yet announced the hosts.

A network rep had no comment.

Haines has been an audience favorite since joining “The View” in 2016, and has appeared on “GMA” as a fill-in weekend anchor.

To be honest, I rarely watch the show so I had to look up who Paula Faris is but whenever I did watch I thought Sara did a terrific job.  

Honored Contributor

Re: Sara Haines is Leaving The View

I really like Sara, I'll miss her. As for Paula she was hardly ever on The View ( she was once a regular, than seemed to have gotten demoted). I'm not on board with this third hour of GMA ( should really be Good Afternoon America). What happens if this is a failure, Michael still has GMA, where would Sara go?

Frequent Contributor

I never really liked her and will not be watching the 3rd hour of Good Morning America. I don't even watch the first 2 hours - LOL. But especially since it is replacing The Chew. Don't know what the network is thinking, replacing that wonderful show. Share the jobs; they are putting many people from The Chew out of work and giving Michael Strahan, if he is the host, even more earnings than he needs. Hope the new show fails.

Trusted Contributor

This stinks!  I love Sara. She plays the "dumb blond" sometimes when appropriate but she is really smart and informed.  I won't watch the 3rd hour of GMA if that is what they are going to call it which seems really dumb if it shows 5 hours after GMA is over.(at least here on th east coast.)  1:00 is soap opera time.

I think Paula will be fine. I have read she will be doing shows she feel strongly about ie: religion. 

Esteemed Contributor

Not watching the third hour, rarely watch the morning show.  Boring!  Bring back The Chew and keep the jobs.  Carla mentioned on the day that The Chew was not being renewed as to how many people would be out of jobs.  It is disgraceful.  GMA people do not need any more money.  I cannot stand Michael or George.  

The next time that I hear salt and ice together, it better be in a margarita!
Esteemed Contributor

I think that those women who have other responsibilities, i.e., home and family, would rather tailor their work schedules to their family lives. Sara may be doing that. The daily grind may be too much for a wife and mother. I hope that whoever takes her place will add to the conversation

Honored Contributor

I used to watch the view on my days offoff years ago.   I saw it recently.  I can't believe it's still on the air.

Esteemed Contributor

Smart girl. That show is a train wreck. I see shows that have opposing views all the time. They may talk over each other at times but no shrieking and cussing.

Wrong is still wrong just because you benefited from it.
Esteemed Contributor

@ceh wrote:

I never really liked her and will not be watching the 3rd hour of Good Morning America. I don't even watch the first 2 hours - LOL. But especially since it is replacing The Chew. Don't know what the network is thinking, replacing that wonderful show. Share the jobs; they are putting many people from The Chew out of work and giving Michael Strahan, if he is the host, even more earnings than he needs. Hope the new show fails.

@ceh .... I hope it fails too .... I can’t stand Michael Strahan & can’t understand why ABC is pushing him (actually I can understand why he is being pushed by ABC but, my comment will be deleted so I will refrain from writing it) .... I am sure a lot of people can figure out why ... so very sad 😢 

Esteemed Contributor

I can't even stand the first 2 hours of GMA anymore, it is all Hollywood, fluff, and fake laughing. Anything on at 1pm is a separate show IMO, not part of GMA.