Honored Contributor

Sara Haines Returned To Strahan & Sara

I was so surprised to see Sara back from maternity leave a month after giving birth to her third child. She has three children, 3, 1, and a month old, she has got to be dog tired. Hoda from Today and Abby from The View have taken more time off. I always thought most women take 6-12 week's maternity leave. Sara did say she realizes how lucky she is, she gets to bring the baby to work with her, she made a comment that work was like a vacation. She said she does best when she gets to work, gets a break from being mommy. I am glad she's back, I like her a lot.

Trusted Contributor

Re: Sara Haines Returned To Strahan & Sara

@Jordan2 I like Sara also & glad she's back.  I don't find Keke Palmer a good fit for that show.

Respected Contributor

@colleena wrote:

@Jordan2 I like Sara also & glad she's back.  I don't find Keke Palmer a good fit for that show.

I thought the same thing - 

Honored Contributor

I have no clue who these people are that are being discussed here. Woman Frustrated

"Pure Michigan"
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

I never watch don't like the girl my sister can't stand Strahan.

Once you see him in Magic Mike XXL you'll appreciate him. LOL

Honored Contributor

She's not your average working woman.  This is her third go round and she doesn't work 40 hours a week, 5 days a week with an hour commute.  She can take her baby and the baby's nanny to work with her and while she's working, the baby and nanny are happily set up in lovely nursery where Sara can pop in any time she wants.  Life is very different for women like her, she is fortunate and she doesn't have a clue of what it's like for the average working woman who combines work and family.  I doubt that any of them would say that work is like a vacation while they juggle a full time job, a home and 3 young children.    Although 12 weeks maternity leave is the norm, remember it is usually not paid maternity leave.  Those who have jobs that offer short term disability get 6 weeks under that and it's not 100% of their pay.  The remainder of their maternity leave is unpaid.  It is not at all unusual for a new mom to return to work after 6 or 8 weeks because she needs her paycheck.  

Honored Contributor

@ID2 wrote:

I have no clue who these people are that are being discussed here. Woman Frustrated

I only remember Sara Haines from her GMA Weekend days and I remember reading that she had a 3rd child.  Other than that, I wouldn't know who those people are either.  

Honored Contributor

Michael has been gone from GMA for 3 weeks. Is he coming back?

He’s also been MIA from Strahan and Sara also.  

Why is it, when I have a 50/50 guess at something, I'm always 100% wrong?
Honored Contributor

@gidgetgh wrote:

Michael has been gone from GMA for 3 weeks. Is he coming back?

He’s also been MIA from Strahan and Sara also.  

@gidgetgh he is suppose to be returning Monday.

Regular Contributor

I'm so with you. I cannot stand Michael Strahan never mind that I can't understand a word he says. I'm surprised this show is still on. I miss The Chew and crew....