Trusted Contributor

Re: Sanditon - final episode, Sunday, 2/23

I don’t understand. I heard the director who also wrote most of Sanditon and he spoke of a second season. I heard him on Masterpiece podcast. 

Regular Contributor

The next series, Beacham House, also ran for one season and was not renewed for a second.  I read that it has a cliffhanger ending which will not be resolved since it was canceled.  Not sure I want to invest time in watching if there's no resolution.

Trusted Contributor

I've been watching it, and would like it to continue.  I think we tend to compare these British productions with the gold standard, Downton Abbey, which I don't think could ever be replicated.  

Honored Contributor

I also have enjoyed this,sad to see this will not have a 2nd season.

When you lose some one you L~O~V~E, that Memory of them, becomes a TREASURE.
Trusted Contributor

@stevieb wrote:

I've enjoyed it but wouldn't say I loved it. Still, I'd like to see what they could do with another series. It seems to me that it simply took far to long for anything to really happen. I'm not sure I think anyone was miscast, but the evolution of the relationship simply plodded along for so many weeks and still it's tepid, at best. I will say, I'm not sure the two lead characters necessarily appear to be a great match, but I'm not sure if that's the casting, the acting, the writing or a little bit of each..To be perfectly honest, my main reason for watching has been Theo James, but him alone probably wouldn't have kept me coming back had there been no interest in the story... Well, maybe...

Smiley Very Happy

@stevieb Umm, I dunno....I think Theo alone could definitely keep you coming back.  Smiles.  He's cute.

Honored Contributor

@evelyner wrote:

I don’t understand. I heard the director who also wrote most of Sanditon and he spoke of a second season. I heard him on Masterpiece podcast. 

Of course he's going to say thre will be another season.  He's the entire show.  ITV has the last say, and it cancelled the second season.  I don't think ITV will reverse it's decision.  

Respected Contributor

I'm looking forward to the series "Beecham House" on Masterpiece Theater on PBS, but I'm not sure when it will be shown.

Trusted Contributor

I just love PBS; my Sunday evenings are for this only.  Has anyone been watching Vienna Blood--now it's fantastic.

Beecham House starts March 1; can't wait.

If you can dream it you can do it--Walt Disney
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@kutira wrote:

I just love PBS; my Sunday evenings are for this only.  Has anyone been watching Vienna Blood--now it's fantastic.

Beecham House starts March 1; can't wait.

@kutira  Yes, I've been watching Vienna Blood and to say it's gotten very little in the way of promotion, especially in comparison to the (to me) unwatchable Howard's End and compared to Sanditon, which had a lot of mentions,  I too think it's very good. The episodes about the bizarre happenings at the private boy's school are among the most compelling TV I've seen lately...

In my pantry with my cupcakes...
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Misplaced Parisian wrote:

@stevieb wrote:

I've enjoyed it but wouldn't say I loved it. Still, I'd like to see what they could do with another series. It seems to me that it simply took far to long for anything to really happen. I'm not sure I think anyone was miscast, but the evolution of the relationship simply plodded along for so many weeks and still it's tepid, at best. I will say, I'm not sure the two lead characters necessarily appear to be a great match, but I'm not sure if that's the casting, the acting, the writing or a little bit of each..To be perfectly honest, my main reason for watching has been Theo James, but him alone probably wouldn't have kept me coming back had there been no interest in the story... Well, maybe...

Smiley Very Happy

@stevieb Umm, I dunno....I think Theo alone could definitely keep you coming back.  Smiles.  He's cute.

@Misplaced Parisian  Alright... I admit it... I'm Caught... They could have just had him frolicking in the waves for an hour a week and I'd have watched... Drooling...

In my pantry with my cupcakes...