Esteemed Contributor

Re: Sanditon - final episode, Sunday, 2/23

I usually love these types of series but i watched two shows of Sandition and i felt like the acting wasn't really very good between the characters......didn't think the main girl character did a very good job..........i wasn't surprised it had been canceled. Just not very believable.

Respected Contributor

So sorry to hear it is ending.....really loved this.

Respected Contributor

I loved this show.  

Trusted Contributor

@stevieb wrote:

@Misplaced Parisian wrote:

@stevieb wrote:

I've enjoyed it but wouldn't say I loved it. Still, I'd like to see what they could do with another series. It seems to me that it simply took far to long for anything to really happen. I'm not sure I think anyone was miscast, but the evolution of the relationship simply plodded along for so many weeks and still it's tepid, at best. I will say, I'm not sure the two lead characters necessarily appear to be a great match, but I'm not sure if that's the casting, the acting, the writing or a little bit of each..To be perfectly honest, my main reason for watching has been Theo James, but him alone probably wouldn't have kept me coming back had there been no interest in the story... Well, maybe...

Smiley Very Happy

@stevieb Umm, I dunno....I think Theo alone could definitely keep you coming back.  Smiles.  He's cute.

@Misplaced Parisian  Alright... I admit it... I'm Caught... They could have just had him frolicking in the waves for an hour a week and I'd have watched... Drooling...

@stevieb NOW you are talking.  Giggles.

Esteemed Contributor

After watching last night I understand why there will not be a 2nd season.  I felt the ending was poorly done.  As soon as the aftermath of the fire was revealed, it was obvious that Sidney would turn to Eliza for the money.  Tom, selfish as ever, just felt his brother should bail him out again.  There could have been other options;  perhaps Susan could have been approached.   And, if she agreed to help, maybe Lady Denham would have as well.  Perhaps Tom could have sold 1 of his homes for start up money or, novel idea, taken a job.  It could have ended season 1 with the prospect of rebuilding and left Sydney free to court Charlotte in season 2.  Just my thoughts.

Honored Contributor

Agree, a really pretty lame way to end a show. While, as noted, I enjoyed the series, it was badly flawed with poor pacing and frankly, not much story telling going on. Visually, it was lovely, even if the dance sequeces began to drag, but was thin on plot and lacked much in the way of continuity. Would like to see them do another series or at least a two hour episode to give it a decent ending. I doubt we'll see more of it. Some of the actors have probably moved on, assuming other roles have been offered.

In my pantry with my cupcakes...
Honored Contributor

I did not like the ending.

When you lose some one you L~O~V~E, that Memory of them, becomes a TREASURE.