Honored Contributor

Re: Sal on America's Got Talent

Sal is wonderful!! He has the whole package his voice, looks and personality.  I also like the NFL magician and the opera singer is amazing.  Tape Face has got to go! 

Respected Contributor

We watch AGT and have for many years.  Our problem is that there are so many good acts, it seems that there are too many singers that are put through.

I really wish this could be a talent show for other sorts of acts other than singers since we now have the show The Voice.

There were at least 4 or 5 singers on last nights show with only 5 acts out of the 12 going through, I'm afraid we're going to end up with too many singers.

As for Sal, yes, he has a good voice, but not my type of music.  Grace, the young singer, neither one of us enjoy her voice.  The opera singer is very good, but since reading she already won in another country, I wouldn't vote for her.

We enjoy the magicians/illusionists and the dancers.  Cannot get into Tape Face at all.  JMO. 

Honored Contributor

@HisElk wrote:

We watch AGT and have for many years.  Our problem is that there are so many good acts, it seems that there are too many singers that are put through.

I really wish this could be a talent show for other sorts of acts other than singers since we now have the show The Voice.

There were at least 4 or 5 singers on last nights show with only 5 acts out of the 12 going through, I'm afraid we're going to end up with too many singers.

As for Sal, yes, he has a good voice, but not my type of music.  Grace, the young singer, neither one of us enjoy her voice.  The opera singer is very good, but since reading she already won in another country, I wouldn't vote for her.

We enjoy the magicians/illusionists and the dancers.  Cannot get into Tape Face at all.  JMO. 

I totally agree with you.  There are too many singers on the show. 

Trusted Contributor

RI: Sal on America's Got Talent

I dislike Tape Face.  He never should have moved on.  Disappointed that Ronee Martin was eliminated.  Simon said something about her age (62 I think).  I think he thought at her age she wasn't marketable as some of the younger acts.  I don't care much for Grace's voice -- like the other poster said I don't understand her lyrics.  The young boy who is a magician has performed in commericals, tv projects, 1,000 live appearances -- theatre & cruise ships, so he is a professional.  I think if you google the contestants you will see a lot of them are.  I don't understand why someone can be on AGT if they aren't an American.

Valued Contributor

Re: RI: Sal on America's Got Talent

SAL is my absolute FAVORITE!  I also voted for the Male Dancers (so good) and the Football Magician.  There are SO many good acts this year--so hard to choose!

Esteemed Contributor

I love Sal and that is my type of music!!!  Hope he gets through to the finals or someone gives him a recording deal.  I would buy his CD!!

Respected Contributor

@Jordan2 wrote:

He was one of five I voted for. I just don't get why the judges go crazy over that young girl Grace. I don't care for her songs or voice, I prefer the girl that sings opera, I thought she was wonderful closing the show. Only five get through tonight, some good acts are going home. 

I have to agree about Grace! I didn't see her original story, but I think her songs are more theraputic for her than pleasant to hear! Her voice is unique, reminiscent of Tiny Tim! There are really so many great acts this year it's unfortunate only one will win! I love the magician whose card came out of an egg, the "mind reader" from last night, the two girls and their dad(?), and until last night, I loved tape face! I'm glad Julia, the "crab walk guy", and many others didn't make it! The woman with the sequenced pant suit has an awesome voice but there is nothing unique about singers these days! I also don't enjoy watching a husband shooting burning arrows at his wife or a girl shooting them with her feet!

Never underestimate the power of kindness.
Respected Contributor

@henderson wrote:

I dislike Tape Face.  He never should have moved on.  Disappointed that Ronee Martin was eliminated.  Simon said something about her age (62 I think).  I think he thought at her age she wasn't marketable as some of the younger acts.  I don't care much for Grace's voice -- like the other poster said I don't understand her lyrics.  The young boy who is a magician has performed in commericals, tv projects, 1,000 live appearances -- theatre & cruise ships, so he is a professional.  I think if you google the contestants you will see a lot of them are.  I don't understand why someone can be on AGT if they aren't an American.

I agree, and  I don't think professional acts should be allowed, either!

Respected Contributor

@twinsister wrote:

I love Sal and that is my type of music!!!  Hope he gets through to the finals or someone gives him a recording deal.  I would buy his CD!!

I'm not too worried about Sal, if he doesn't win he still should end up with a great music contract I think!

Esteemed Contributor

@Imadickens wrote:

@twinsister wrote:

I'm not too worried about Sal, if he doesn't win he still should end up with a great music contract I think!

Sal went pretty far on the final season of Amerian Idol- and he didn't get a contract from that.