Honored Contributor

Sad that so many great shows are going off the air

Tonight is the last episode of Game of Thrones. VEEP ended last week. The Big Bang Theory ended a few days ago.This will be the last season for Homeland. Sigh. I’ll miss these great shows.

Esteemed Contributor

Re: Sad that so many great shows are going off the air

Never watched any of them ... 

Honored Contributor

@Mindy D  I agree with you.  I love all of those shows and watch all of them.  I haven't watched the last few seasons of Veep.  I've been waiting until I can binge.  I will start from the beginning and watch them straight through.

They say tonight's GOT will be the largest watched TV show (maybe in history).  I've heard that many people have already taken tomorrow (Monday) off because they're going to parties to celebrate and watch the show with friends.

I STILL haven't deleted last Sunday's GOT episode.  I've watched it now 3 times.

Way back maybe 2 years ago now my son-in-law downloaded on DVD the first 4  Seasons for me of GOT.  I couldn't remember back that far, so he downloaded them for me.

I'm going to buy the boxed set when it comes out because I think it's something worth keeping.

So, how excited are your for GOT tonight?  Did you see some of the mess ups that have been in this season?  I listen to Entertainment Weekly on Satellite radio in my car.  They mentioned some of the flubs that were in this season.  (i.e. the coffee cup on the desk and the tennis shoe one of the soldiers was wearing).  Ha!  

I don't look so closely at that stuff.  I just enjoy the show.  I can't imagine scanning the screen looking for mess ups!

Enjoy tonight's show.  Say, do you ever watch Queen of the South?  You might like that show.  I love it!  You might want to give it a try.  It's a bit gritty but the woman who stars in it is amazing.

If you liked Sons of Anarchy it's a little like that show.  I also recommend that one.  Also watch Bosch.  They just added another season on Bosch.  He's a detective staring Titus Welliver.  He just played a bad guy on Law and Order SVU (last weeks ending season).  It was intense and he was amazing!.  In Bosch he doesn't have that horrible beard...thank goodness.  Ha!

Honored Contributor

@SoX wrote:

And I thought DH and I were the only people on Earth that had never seen GOT. 

Honored Contributor

@deepwaterdotter wrote:

@SoX wrote:

@deepwaterdotter @SoX.  Never watched any of them either. 

Esteemed Contributor

@deepwaterdotter wrote:

@SoX wrote:

@deepwaterdotter @proudlyfromNJ 

In fact, when I see mention of GoT, I have to stop and ask myself "what the hell is that"?

Honored Contributor

@proudlyfromNJ   Actually the Entertainment Weekly radio show I listen to both of Michael Yo's side-kicks have not watched GOT.  Well, I think the guy (Jamison) has watched a few episodes here and there.

Actually this past week he and his side-kick participated in Hulu's thing.  They had a group of people who were trying to set a record for the number of hours a group of people watched GOT.  

These two (Michael Yo's) side-kicks were witnesses who had to sighn a statement saying they watched these people watching GOT for X amount of hours straight.  It all must be witnessed, etc.

I think that falls under "GET A LIFE"  Ha!  I can't imagine being so enthralled (that's a perfect word forit) with anything where you'd spend hours and hours and even amounting to days watching (continuously) a show. 

Even the bathroom breaks were limited, etc.  It's crazy!  Only in America would something like this take place!  Ha!

But back to your original statement.  I've met a few people who never even heard of Game of Thrones.  My next door neighbor (young boy, just turned 21) he's never watched the show either.

So, to wind this up (I know you're thinking...'thank goodness Annabelle', you are definitely not alone.  There are a lot more people than many realize who've never watched GOT....some don't even know what it is.

Honored Contributor

@Annabellethecat66 wrote:

@Mindy D  I agree with you.  I love all of those shows and watch all of them.  I haven't watched the last few seasons of Veep.  I've been waiting until I can binge.  I will start from the beginning and watch them straight through.

They say tonight's GOT will be the largest watched TV show (maybe in history).  I've heard that many people have already taken tomorrow (Monday) off because they're going to parties to celebrate and watch the show with friends.

I STILL haven't deleted last Sunday's GOT episode.  I've watched it now 3 times.

Way back maybe 2 years ago now my son-in-law downloaded on DVD the first 4  Seasons for me of GOT.  I couldn't remember back that far, so he downloaded them for me.

I'm going to buy the boxed set when it comes out because I think it's something worth keeping.

So, how excited are your for GOT tonight?  Did you see some of the mess ups that have been in this season?  I listen to Entertainment Weekly on Satellite radio in my car.  They mentioned some of the flubs that were in this season.  (i.e. the coffee cup on the desk and the tennis shoe one of the soldiers was wearing).  Ha!  

I don't look so closely at that stuff.  I just enjoy the show.  I can't imagine scanning the screen looking for mess ups!

Enjoy tonight's show.  Say, do you ever watch Queen of the South?  You might like that show.  I love it!  You might want to give it a try.  It's a bit gritty but the woman who stars in it is amazing.

If you liked Sons of Anarchy it's a little like that show.  I also recommend that one.  Also watch Bosch.  They just added another season on Bosch.  He's a detective staring Titus Welliver.  He just played a bad guy on Law and Order SVU (last weeks ending season).  It was intense and he was amazing!.  In Bosch he doesn't have that horrible beard...thank goodness.  Ha!

I watched the first two seasons of Qof the S and then stopped watching. 

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

While I checked it out a few times to see what the hype was about, the appeal of Big Bang Theory completely escaped me. Never watched it again. Won't miss it and won't miss hearing about it.

In my pantry with my cupcakes...
Esteemed Contributor

Prefer watching the soaps over regular t.v. these days. I do watch them at night

because there is never anything decent on.

Enjoying them before they disappear.