Honored Contributor

Re: Sad Last Days: Raquel Welch Became A Recluse, Rarely Went Out In Public Before Death

Recluse????   Perhaps she just chose to live a quiet, private life in her later years.  

Honored Contributor

Re: Sad Last Days: Raquel Welch Became A Recluse, Rarely Went Out In Public Before Death

I wonder how the photographer knew that was Raquel?

"Never argue with a fool. Onlookers may not be able to tell the difference."

220-AuCC-US-CRM-Header-Update.gif

Honored Contributor

She probably had arthritis which can leave an individual racked with pain. Add aging to the disability of arthritis and it can be the Perfect Storm.

I respect her even trying to leave the house and for her courage. Such a beautiful, soulful woman. Heaven gained an Angel. May she Rest In Peace.💕

Honored Contributor

How does the tabloids know about her last days? Did they live with her? It's amazing how we repeat the nonsense from the tabloids and report as fact!

She probably lived her life quietly without the intrusion of garbage journalism!

You Don't Own Me- Leslie Gore
(You don't Know) How Glad I Am- Nancy Wilson
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

Seems like the news report forgot that many older people avoided going out during the pandemic. Raquel probably had others do her errands for her. 

Respected Contributor

Sad that someone would feel the need to post an article like this. Doesn't reflect well.

Respected Contributor

@SeaMaiden wrote:

I think growing old in Hollywood, especially when you were  known for your beauty throughout your career, it is doubly hard to just be 80 and older... This is mostly towards women sadly..... men are treated differently when they age even when they age gracefully without plastic surgery.  Men are allowed to grow older.... women, not so much.

As long as people perpetuate that belief, it'll be the case. What you feed, grows.

Honored Contributor

@Mz iMac wrote:

I agree!  I am not buying that is really her in that picture....Tabloids have been caught with fake pictures before.....

and who the heck would waste their time watching The View???

Honored Contributor

@SeaMaiden wrote:

I think growing old in Hollywood, especially when you were  known for your beauty throughout your career, it is doubly hard to just be 80 and older... This is mostly towards women sadly..... men are treated differently when they age even when they age gracefully without plastic surgery.  Men are allowed to grow older.... women, not so much.

@SeaMaiden 

Your post reminded me of an offhand comment Jack Nicholson made about actors years ago ....

I'm paraphrasing here .... but it was something like "When you're young and hot, they love you.  When you get old and aren't pretty anymore, they stay away ..."

Must be sad when you have a career that often determines your importance based on your looks.

Jack is now 85 and I've seen tabloid "reports" that Jack is a recluse now, too.

Honored Contributor

@Mz iMac wrote:

@Mz iMac 

Well, the photogs know where most actors live .... and a car and license plate can be easily checked.