Honored Contributor

11:45 a.m. ET

Astaire & Rogers

Top Hat and this movie are my two favorite Astaire & Rogers movies.    

Esteemed Contributor

Re: SWING TIME ON TCM WEDNESDAY

@Pearlee "The Way You Look Tonight" is my favorite song from all of their movies. Thanks for the heads-up!

Honored Contributor

@PA Mom-mom wrote:

@Pearlee "The Way You Look Tonight" is my favorite song from all of their movies. Thanks for the heads-up!

@PA Mom-mom  I just love that song! And Dancing  Cheek to Cheek in Top Hat.   These two movies are so fun. 

Honored Contributor

When I was dating my husband, he took me to see Swing Time in a movie theatre. I got to see it on the big screen. What a treat.

Have to agree with you, Pearley,  Swing Time and Top Hat are my favorites. I never tire of watching those movies.

Honored Contributor

@drizzellla wrote:

When I was dating my husband, he took me to see Swing Time in a movie theatre. I got to see it on the big screen. What a treat.

Have to agree with you, Pearley,  Swing Time and Top Hat are my favorites. I never tire of watching those movies.

@drizzellla  I've seen both films on the big screen also. What a treat to see the dance numbers that way. Your DH is a keeper! 😁

Honored Contributor

Reminder

Trusted Contributor

I love Swing Time except for the black-face scene. Smiley Sad  And it's too bad because other than the offensive makeup, his dance routine is phenomenal.  I wish Fred Astaire had never gone there.

Honored Contributor

@PilatesLover wrote:

I love Swing Time except for the black-face scene. Smiley Sad  And it's too bad because other than the offensive makeup, his dance routine is phenomenal.  I wish Fred Astaire had never gone there.

@PilatesLover  Different times then. Times change.

Honored Contributor

@PilatesLover wrote:

It was an old Vaudville routine. Why, I can't imagine. Never did get the point. I don't think Fred had a choice.

Honored Contributor

o/t When theaters were going out of vogue, our town had a film noir theater. I got to see my all time favorite movie on the big screen-Laura. What struck me most was Gene Tierney's complexion. It was soooo close up and so beautiful. With those green eyes I'm sure she was a knock out. (no, they thankfully didn't colorize it). I don't think it was her make up (Westmore?) Other actresses just looked normal, she stood out. And to hear the theme song throughout the theater. What a treat.