Honored Contributor

@Alison Wonderland wrote:

@Tique wrote:

@Shelbelle wrote:

I was surprised to see that Liv had a brother . Been watching for a long time, never saw him before, has he been on before? Or even mentioned before? Thanks. 

@Shelbelle   I haven't watched last night's show yet but since I know Olivia's mother only had one child, you must be talking about the son of her rapist dad. He has been on shows in several different seasons. After she found out he existed, she did a search for him. Then he got in trouble and he sought her out. He seems to be in and out of trouble whenever he's on. Hope that wasn't the case last night.

She refers to him as her brother. 

And it was the case last night. I just read about it, I no longer watch because the writers seem more interested in torturing the main characters than in writing about the crimes. It just became a string of episodes trying to see what awful things they could do to the precinct each week: kidnap, rape, attempted rape, killing, addiction, divorce, death. 

I'm shocked they haven't given one of them cancer yet.

@Alison Wonderland   He is her half brother, same Father, different Mother.

Esteemed Contributor

@Shelbelle I streamed all of the SVU shows over the summer on Hulu.  Simon appears in 3 seasons.

In season 8, he's introduced and appears in 3 episodes.  He's accused of murder and rape.  Olivia finds him when she has the lab run her rapist father's DNA and Simon's DNA is in the system.  Olivia interfers with the police investigation and she even helps Simon while he's on the run.  Her former partner, Stabler, was able to figure out a key connection in the case which ultimately helped Simon.

In season 13, he shows up again.  This time he's got a new girlfriend and a daughter with her whom they named Olivia.  Child Protective Services takes their kids after he's arrested for weed possession and possibly hurting the girlfriend's son.  When we see last see him, he's told he can't see his child (little Olivia) unsupervised for 3 years. 

Then he shows up last week in season 21. 

Honored Contributor

Thanks so much, my coworker told me today, when she saw him last week, she remembered him. 

Esteemed Contributor

What are your thoughts about this season's SVU?  Do you like the new character, Detective Kat?  I was curious about the necklace she wears.  It means "Katriona" in Arabic.

I was surprised to see them bring back Simon like they did last week.

Ice-T, Detective Fin, is probably my favorite now.  

Carisi has grown on me, and I hope he doesn't end up like all the other DAs.

So far, I'm not getting a good feeling about Carisi's boss or Olivia's new boss that replaced Chief Dodds.