Honored Contributor

SUSAN HAYWARD FANS THURSDAY FOX MOVIE CHANNEL 10:05 A.M. EASTERN

Here's a blind alert (meaning I haven't seen the film myself, but could be worth a look to the diehard Hayward devotees, of whom there are many...)

10:05 am. Eastern Fox Movie Channel--  "Soldier of Fortune"  Clark Gable, Susan Hayward, Gene Barry, Michael Rennie, Anna Sten, Richard Loo

Hayward turns in desperation to smuggler Clark Gable when her journalist-husband (Gene Barry) is captured by the Chinese Communists.  Gable can use his mainland connections to help, but emotions get very tangled, sizzling Hayward being Hayward, and magnetic Gable being Gable, ha!

Putting those two celluloid greats together in exotic and turbulent circumstances is a bit of a no-brainer, what?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ye_XCOoAdxU

Honored Contributor

Re: SUSAN HAYWARD FANS THURSDAY FOX MOVIE CHANNEL 10:05 A.M. EASTERN

Wowie zowie!  Will not disappoint

Soldier_of_Fortune_(1955_film)_(DVD_box_art).jpg

Honored Contributor

Oh, great, @software,  I knew there'd be somebody out there who has seen it and can render an informed verdict!

Honored Contributor

@Oznell    Another channel I don't think I get, but Susan was always one of my very favorite actresses.  I recorded many of her movies decades ago, and have been meaning to watch them again.  Smash Up was aired on the Movies channel about a month or so ago, very good movie.

Honored Contributor

@mousiegirl,  "Smash Up" is one of my favorites of hers.  She was so good, a role she could "tear into", and I like Lee Bowman too...