Contributor

Re: SUSAN HAYWARD FANS, FLASH ALERT SUNDAY 2:30 P.M. EASTERN

I remember the movie she was in "The Very Thought of You.  ". Was that the name of the movie.  The song was in the movie.  I haven't seen that movie in years and have been waiting for that to air.  She's the best!!!

Respected Contributor

Loved her and loved all her movies. I also thought she was beautiful. A style all her own.

Valued Contributor

@Kitty Galore wrote:

I set it up on DVR yesterday.  Love any movie Susan Hayward is in.   My all time favorite though isBackstreet which I never see to see listed ,   I check often .   I wonder why its never  shown on TCM ?   

---

Yes, it seems that Back Street is a not shown often on TCM.

I remember a few years ago, they showed it back-to-back (or back street to back street) with the 1941 version of Back Street with Margaret Sullavan and Charles Boyer. 

Highlighted
Honored Contributor

Thanks for the heads up, otherwise I would have missed it.

It was very good and she was outstanding.

Honored Contributor

@Oznell   I have this on DVD, great movie, but then I don't recall any of Susan's movies that I havn't loved, though havn't seen all.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Oznell   Have you sever seen My Foolish Heart, I'll Cry Tomorrow, Back Street, I Want to Live, or With a Song in My Heart?  These were on tv decades ago so recorded them, of course, wonderful acting. 

Honored Contributor

@mousiegirl,  I've seen several of them, although interestingly, have never seen that huge fan favorite, "Back Street".  I tend to gravitate more to her film noir outings, as opposed to the romantic or melodrama films she made.  But I think she's terrific in everything, she can do no wrong!

Super Contributor

I vote for Back Street, too. rae....all small letters.

Esteemed Contributor

I just went to TCM and recorded "Laura" and "The Postman Always Rings Twice"..... 

Thanks again Oznell - for alerting me to this channel.... I never would have gone to it, had it not been for her...... LOL  I have about 1,000 channels and there's just so much time.

Mostly CNN on all day long and at night, I watch my recordings.  I have things I recorded years and years ago and STILL haven't watched.  Actually, I have 23 pgs. of recorded stuff.  Drives hubby crazy.  LOL  He recorded stuff on his TiVo and watches it within that week and then deletes.  Not me - I record and watch whenever......sometimes never....

Honored Contributor

I'm a little that way too, @sophiamarie --  I can gleefully record lots of stuff, then it languishes, I forget it, and move on to manically record new stuff, ha.

But somehow, I have a sense of security knowing it's all there, just waiting....