Honored Contributor

Re: SURVIVOR--Week of 10/11/2020--SPOILERS

Everyone seems to spend all of their time looking for idols these days and now Survivor is more like a giant game of Hide and Seek than Survivor. And the idols these days seem to come with more terms and conditions than a loan agreement. By the halfway mark of the season, there are so many idols, advantages, and disadvantages with all kinds of conditions floating around that you need a spreadsheet to keep track of them all. "Yes, this is an idol, but you didn't fulfill the obligations in paragraph 12, section A under the terms and conditions, so it's not valid." Oh. 

I think the producers need to go back to the KISS (Keep It Simple Stupid) principle. Maybe no idols in the wild, but once the tribe heads to tribal have them compete for an idol at tribal. Do the immunity challenge earlier in the show then at tribal have a competition of some sort for an idol that the winner could use there or could save for later if they feel safe at that tribal. If there's someone in the tribe that everyone wants out, they'd compete like mad for the idol to keep it from that person.

Fly!!! Eagles!!! Fly!!!
Respected Contributor

I would like to see it go back to its roots--no idols, no second chances. but @gardenman I like your idea about a secondary competition.

Honored Contributor

Yeah, an idol competition at tribal could be fun to watch. If someone who knows they're the target wins the idol does the tribe still try to vote them out and hope they don't use it, or assume they'll use the idol and move the vote to someone else? Does the presumed target take the chance that the tribe will think they'll use it and hold it? It could add all kinds of interesting options to tribal councils and give CBS some guaranteed drama at every tribal council. No one would know before tribal who would win the idol and whether or not it would be used. 

It seems like half the shows these days are people wandering around and looking for idols. Maybe it's just me, but I find that kind of boring. Make finding/earning an idol a competition at tribal instead. 

Fly!!! Eagles!!! Fly!!!
Esteemed Contributor

@DrKelli wrote:

I would like to see it go back to its roots--no idols, no second chances.

@DrKelli 

While I agree we know they continue to tweak everything to keep viewers interested. Some good, some I don't care for but they are what they are.

With all due respect I would like to stick to discussing what is actually happening with the rules in place rather than conjecture and suggestions. 

Let's discuss strategy players are using, players personalities, who we like and don't like etc.   Thanks for reviewing my suggestions.  Looking forward to next week.  

Esteemed Contributor

@DrKelli 

Looking forward to tomorrow's show and your write up.  Hope to get to know more players as we progress.