Honored Contributor

I was so proud of my favorite show when they did the "showmances are not a good thing" thing.  I was like yeah, Survivor players are smart!  

I can only think of three showmances  (Rob/Amber, love at first sight, Ethan/Jenna, who dated for years, and Probst/Julie haha).  Maybe there's more I dont' remember...

...but who cares because after that what did we get?  A showmance!  A showmance of two people who kiss like they haven't had much practice at it in their brief lives!

So they voted out Mari.  How very "Lord of the Flies"!

Meanwhile oldest player-most obnoxious know-it-all-player (and they edited it so those two qualities were inextricable) on his back was my favorite part.  Nice to see a bully brought down even if it was by the island and not his tribe.

Put down those love goggles!  Quit and go back to high school!  Stop being such a meanie!  Next week...seriously is that a tribe swap or merge already?

Honored Contributor

@LoriLori wrote:

I was so proud of my favorite show when they did the "showmances are not a good thing" thing.  I was like yeah, Survivor players are smart!  

I can only think of three showmances  (Rob/Amber, love at first sight, Ethan/Jenna, who dated for years, and Probst/Julie haha).  Maybe there's more I dont' remember...

...but who cares because after that what did we get?  A showmance!  A showmance of two people who kiss like they haven't had much practice at it in their brief lives!

So they voted out Mari.  How very "Lord of the Flies"!

Meanwhile oldest player-most obnoxious know-it-all-player (and they edited it so those two qualities were inextricable) on his back was my favorite part.  Nice to see a bully brought down even if it was by the island and not his tribe.

Put down those love goggles!  Quit and go back to high school!  Stop being such a meanie!  Next week...seriously is that a tribe swap or merge already?

Yeah, the swaps and mergers happen way, way too fast and frequently these days. I'd like to see them experiment with a season where the Survivors could move from tribe to tribe on their own if they wanted to.

Have a path betwen the two tribes where anyone who feels on the outs with their tribe could wander over and see if the other tribe would accept them. A lot of times now a player will know they're getting voted out and there's nothing they can do about it. I think it would be kind of neat if you knew you were on the outs with your tribe you could wander to the other one and beg for safety. Tribes will throw comps just to vote out one of their own and there's nothing you can do then.

It could really change the dynamics of the game and make it much more important to hide the target so they didn't flee. A weaker tribe could become a stronger tribe with a defection or two. Maybe limit it to one move per player per year, so they'd have to think about it to keep everyone from abandoning the losing tribe each tribal council, but I think it could add an interesting dynamic to the game.They'd have to beg to be admitted to the other tribe and the other tribe would have to agree to acept them. It would be more real world like that way. In the real world tribes will sometimes take in an outcast from another tribe, so why not in Survivor?

Fly!!! Eagles!!! Fly!!!
Honored Contributor

@gardenman, that would be great.  They couldn't just walk over, they'd have to be driven, they're driven everywhere to keep them away from Production real estate but they would fake it like they fake walking everywhere else.  That would be a great twist!!!

Any guesses about the Day 36 advantage?  If it's just an extra vote or nullifying a vote they're making too big a deal of it so I'm hoping it's something more powerful and better.

Honored Contributor

I have no idea what the day 36 advantage would be.

I really do like the idea of allowing defection in SurvivorIf a guy/gal knows they're on the outs with their tribe when they do the immunity challenge they could signal the other tribe (or meet quietly beforehand) and if they thought the other tribe was receptive they could throw the comp, sabotaging their old tribe only to find out that the new tribe doesn't want them after they've thrown the comp and have it backfire on them making them an even bigger target. You could pretty much keep two tribes going most of the season that way.

Fly!!! Eagles!!! Fly!!!
Trusted Contributor

I've watched every season of Survivor but for some reason I just can't get interested in this one. 

Respected Contributor

the millenials are hilarious. two jump into a showmance and don't try to hide it.   several say that the dynamics of the game are so different in real life. the side bar convos with Hannah trying to infuence her vote. she desperately wants to belong in a bunch of HS students in their 20s who forgot they graduated

Respected Contributor

OMG--the look on the millennials' faces when they lost the immunity challenge was PRICELESS!!!  They couldn't believe they lost and more importantly--they couldn't believe they didn't get a prize anyway!!!!  Funniest thing I've seen in years!  It was worth that entire hour to see that 10 seconds!

Honored Contributor

@DrKelli wrote:

OMG--the look on the millennials' faces when they lost the immunity challenge was PRICELESS!!!  They couldn't believe they lost and more importantly--they couldn't believe they didn't get a prize anyway!!!!  Funniest thing I've seen in years!  It was worth that entire hour to see that 10 seconds!

They aren't used to not getting a prize just because.

Honored Contributor

@ashleigh dupray wrote:

the millenials are hilarious. two jump into a showmance and don't try to hide it.   several say that the dynamics of the game are so different in real life. the side bar convos with Hannah trying to infuence her vote. she desperately wants to belong in a bunch of HS students in their 20s who forgot they graduated

@CatsyCline, well, there's Will, who hasn't graduated high school, since he dropped out to play Survivor.  That irks me no end.  They should call it:  Survivor:  Instant Gratification

Honored Contributor

Why would anyone who wants to experience Survivor pass up the opportunity? Will can attend High School next year. People have chosen to miss events that are one time and can't be postponed to be on Survivor.