Trusted Contributor

Re: SURVIVOR 12/13 SPOILERS

[ Edited ]

@shaggygirl wrote:

Personal opinion on the upside down letter. SO WHAT, he got it right! so the stupid letter was upside down, big deal!

LOL!  Unfortunately it wasn't right. Poor guy was really frustrated over that and so tired at the end but the upside down U didn't spell a word.  Woman Very Happy

Honored Contributor

Devan won't have to go back to bartending, he'll get lots of offers. That he gave Tiny B his vote, and his positive attitude made him my favorite. Tiny B lost points with his chatter to the jury. Of the final three Ben was the obvious, only choice. Chrissy is surprisingly pretty but I disliked her mom talk to the jury. I dislike mom talk and sisterhood talk from anyone, it's cringey.

Esteemed Contributor

@IlliniGirl88 I so agree with you about Chrissy's hand on Ben's knee. Husband and I discussed how Chrissy's husband and sons must have felt humiliated. Especially with spotlight on inappropriate touch. Imagine the hoopla if Ben would have had his hand on Chrissy's knee. Chrissy may have given the girl power talk about motherhood, but using her female assets to play up to Ben at camp was deceptive. Glad Ben won.  

"I took a walk in the woods and came out taller than the trees." Henry David Thoreau
Trusted Contributor

Re: SURVIVOR 12/13 SPOILERS

[ Edited ]

@occasionalrain wrote:

Devan won't have to go back to bartending, he'll get lots of offers. That he gave Tiny B his vote, and his positive attitude made him my favorite. Tiny B lost points with his chatter to the jury. Of the final three Ben was the obvious, only choice. Chrissy is surprisingly pretty but I disliked her mom talk to the jury. I dislike mom talk and sisterhood talk from anyone, it's cringey.

You have a point there yes Devan most likely will get lots of offers...maybe for some modeling.  I don't mind the mom or sisterhood talk but she was so obvious she was using it to sway them and even said that was her plan when still on the island. I think her comment about being a hero, healer and a hustler was a smart comment and I momentarily thought it might clinch the win for her but they knew her a lot better than the viewing audience and obviously wasn't buying it. 

Esteemed Contributor

@LoriLori wrote:

@CrazyDaisy wrote:

@LoriLori wrote:

@gardenmanwrote:

I was surprised. I thought from the jury questioning that Chrissy had the win. I was pleased with the outcome though.

I wonder if they'd been planning the fire comp at the end the whole time, or if they did that to try and save Ben? One thing's for sure, with that now being a permanent part of Survivor, everyone will be tripping over themselves learning how to make fire. 

Gardenman, no way they came up with that on the fly, these things are worked on all year til they get to the island(s) in the spring/summer.

Don't know if it's permanent but knowing it's in next season is a bit of a letdown for me.  I wish it was a one-off.  

The next season has already been filmed.  While the audience knows about the twist the players will not till it is revealed.

@CrazyDaisy, I don't understand your comment.  Of course the players know the twist since it happened last summer.  I'm simply saying I don't want it to become a permanent thing beyond Ghost Island.   I'm confused by your response to me.

The players for the next season would not know the twist while they were playing since the season has already been filmed.  It will be just as much as a suprise to the players next time.

Really not into all this nastiness and bashing of people.  If during the next season people want to talk strategy and game play I  am in. If not enjoy...

Someday, when scientists discover the center of the Universe....some people will be disappointed it is not them.
Occasional Contributor

THere seems to be a trend with these Survivor finalist - I desire to win for the Moms of the world.  I deserve to win for the veterans of the world.  I do think the best strategic player won in Ben, but I don't like he used his veteran status and I agree wtih another poster - Chrissy shouldn't win because she's a "Mom".  Looking at the audience, all of her kids are grown so where is this coming from?  She apparently lost her job due to her participation in Survivor and says she is now happy not working and getting to know her family.  Sounds like she really didn't need that $One Million.

Honored Contributor

Chrissy clearly didn't need the million nor did Mike.  I don't like when need plays into it. It's should be about the experience and the challenge.

Respected Contributor

I loved the final twist.  Chrissy was so sure who'd she take to the final 3.  No player should have all the power.

Funny how she tried making up with Ben then asked him if he'd take her to the finals.  Yet she made it clear she would not take him.

Karma.

Honored Contributor

@fordtruck wrote:

@nun ya wrote:

I don't think her hand on his knee was inappropriate. I just have a hard time deciding if she does it because she means it, or because it looks good for her. 

It wasn't Devon's call to say he didn't want to make fire.

LOL!  If it was in reverse I think people would say it was inappropriate.  

Chrissy told Devon about needing to choose someone to make fire with Ben and he eagerly without thinking it through, said yes.  Big mistake. He was under no obligation and could have told her no, choose Ryan.  Chrissy supposedly liked Devon so I think she would have listened to him if he said no, absolutely not.  In the end, she did Ben a favor because no one in the jury except Devon thought that Ryan deserved to win.  @nun ya

@puttypiesmom But she didn't have to tell him at all.  She could have kept her mouth shut and announced her decision at the final tribal council.

Trusted Contributor

@CelticCrafter wrote:

@fordtruck wrote:

@nun ya wrote:

I don't think her hand on his knee was inappropriate. I just have a hard time deciding if she does it because she means it, or because it looks good for her. 

It wasn't Devon's call to say he didn't want to make fire.

LOL!  If it was in reverse I think people would say it was inappropriate.  

Chrissy told Devon about needing to choose someone to make fire with Ben and he eagerly without thinking it through, said yes.  Big mistake. He was under no obligation and could have told her no, choose Ryan.  Chrissy supposedly liked Devon so I think she would have listened to him if he said no, absolutely not.  In the end, she did Ben a favor because no one in the jury except Devon thought that Ryan deserved to win.  @nun ya

@puttypiesmom But she didn't have to tell him at all.  She could have kept her mouth shut and announced her decision at the final tribal council.

@CelticCrafterYes! But she liked Devon so she gave him a choice by explaining it to him.  She never would have blindsided her friend without giving him a chance to practise and while he was able to start fire on the island, I guess he froze up during the compettion.