Honored Contributor

Re: SULTRY LIZABETH SCOTT FESTIVAL WEDNESDAY 8:00 P.M. EASTERN TCM

She does have a similar vibe to Bacall, @mousiegirl !   Not quite as self-assured...

Trusted Contributor

@Judaline wrote:

@blueroses47 wrote:

I like Lizabeth Scott in the movies she's made, although I can't think of any one movie specifically.

What I remember her more from, oddly enough, is a game show in the sixties.  It was called You Don't Say, with Tom Kennedy as mc.  I liked that show and it had some "regular" guest contestants that would be on frequently.  Lizabeth Scott was one of them, and I have to say that as a teenager I was really impressed with how genuinely nice she was.  All the guests are nice, of course, in front of the cameras.  But something about her just struck  me as being exceptionally nice and kind.

She was still attractive at that point, with really nice hair, but now I'm thinking that it may have been a wig, because it was just so perfect.  Cut in a "bob" style, but really perfect.  She always had gorgeous hair, though, so it could have been natural.

Well, that's my Lizabeth Scott memory.

I loved that show! "It's not what you say that counts, it's what you don't say." I watched it most days but don't ever remember Liz being on it. She had gorgeous, thick hair. I'd say it wasn't a wig. (but it's not what you say that counts, it's what you don't say, lol)

Yes, that was the line that opened the show.  It was so much fun, maybe my favorite of the game shows. She was on a lot, as I recall.  I knew her from the movies she had made in the forties, but I wasn't what I would call a fan.  The game show made me a fan of hers.

I thought she was still very attractive, not beautiful, but attractive in a striking way with that sulty voice.  A very sweet personality.

Honored Contributor

@blueroses47and @Judaline ,   here's a wiki photo of Lizabeth Scott from Gene Barry's show, "Burke's Law",  which would put it somewhere between 1963 and 1966.  Probably relatively close to the 'game show' period.  Very striking:

Lizabeth_Scott_in_Burke's_Law.jpg

Honored Contributor

@Oznell   Gorgeous!

Honored Contributor

@Oznell wrote:

She does have a similar vibe to Bacall, @mousiegirl !   Not quite as self-assured...

I think Charlotte Rampling looked more like Bacall than any actress I can think of. But I'm sure the studios felt that LS was their answer to Bacall.

Honored Contributor

looks like a wig.