Honored Contributor

SULTRY LIZABETH SCOTT FESTIVAL WEDNESDAY 8:00 P.M. EASTERN TCM

Lizabeth Scott in the 1940s (1).jpg

8:00 p.m. Eastern--  "Too Late for Tears"   Lizabeth Scott, Arthur Kennedy, Dan Duryea, Don DeFore, Kristine Miller

ou8pk-JF9Q3N433XG-Full-Image_GalleryBackground-en-US-1524518882619._SX1080_.jpg

Restless southern California wife (Lizabeth Scott) chooses between husband (Arthur Kennedy), illicit money, and the seductive blackmailer (Dan Duryea) who comes along with it.

tumblr_osia7owEGz1s5vovio1_1280.jpg

10:00 Eastern--  "Dead Reckoning"   Humphrey Bogart, Lizabeth Scott, Morris Carnovsky, Wallace Ford   Another great noir.  Heroic ex-service member (Bogart) comes to steamy Southern city (Tampa, maybe?) to solve murder and get tangled up with beautiful torch singer (Lizabeth Scott). 

Midnight Eastern--  "Pitfall"   D i c k Powell, Lizabeth Scott, Jane Wyatt, Raymond Burr

59a2b0124418434eaef2347d70d631e2.jpg

A memorable film noir classic!   D i c k Powell has it good in the suburbs, but vulnerable model Lizabeth Scott is a temptation.  Complicating matters-- obsessive, creepy insurance investigator Raymond Burr, who has other plans for Scott.

Plus:

57E80382-88D2-4A7C-8C66-87290231BEA1.jpeg

1:45 a.m. Eastern Thursday--  "The Racket"   Robert Mitchum, Robert Ryan, Lizabeth Scott, William Talman, Ray Collins

3:30 a.m. Eastern Thursday   "The Strange Love of Martha Ivers"   Barbara Stanwyck, Kirk Douglas, Lizabeth Scott, Van Heflin

Publicity_still_for__The_Strange_Love_of_Martha_Ivers__(1946).jpg   

Honored Contributor

Re: SULTRY LIZABETH SCOTT FESTIVAL WEDNESDAY 8:00 P.M. EASTERN TCM

There's something about her that always irritated me, hahaha. Just one of those things I guess. Maybe it's her voice (the thing she's most famous for!). That and the fact that she's so type-cast. You can easily predict what'll happen!

I may watch the one with Bogey, tho. Can't recall seeing it before. 

Thanks, @Oznell . As usual, always on it.

Honored Contributor

I have been impressed by how many movies Burr made and usually received top billing after the stars.  He was a good actor although remembered for Perry Mason.

Not a great fan of hers but noir is always good.  Will record a couple of these.

Trusted Contributor

I like Lizabeth Scott in the movies she's made, although I can't think of any one movie specifically.

What I remember her more from, oddly enough, is a game show in the sixties.  It was called You Don't Say, with Tom Kennedy as mc.  I liked that show and it had some "regular" guest contestants that would be on frequently.  Lizabeth Scott was one of them, and I have to say that as a teenager I was really impressed with how genuinely nice she was.  All the guests are nice, of course, in front of the cameras.  But something about her just struck  me as being exceptionally nice and kind.

She was still attractive at that point, with really nice hair, but now I'm thinking that it may have been a wig, because it was just so perfect.  Cut in a "bob" style, but really perfect.  She always had gorgeous hair, though, so it could have been natural.

Well, that's my Lizabeth Scott memory.

Honored Contributor

That 'Pitfall' movie was creepy.  Burr is a stalker. Felt bad for the woman.

Good movie. Her and Dan Dureya (sp)? were always good together. I think he hung the moon. LOL

I'd recommend the book on Burr. I bought for my sister too.  So funny him supposedly being a womanizer. Uh, no.......could care less.

Yeah, Scott, had a husky voice. She liked to had never died. All kinds of rumors about her. (clearing throat) LOL

good way to pass this suspenful day.

Honored Contributor

@blueroses47 wrote:

I like Lizabeth Scott in the movies she's made, although I can't think of any one movie specifically.

What I remember her more from, oddly enough, is a game show in the sixties.  It was called You Don't Say, with Tom Kennedy as mc.  I liked that show and it had some "regular" guest contestants that would be on frequently.  Lizabeth Scott was one of them, and I have to say that as a teenager I was really impressed with how genuinely nice she was.  All the guests are nice, of course, in front of the cameras.  But something about her just struck  me as being exceptionally nice and kind.

She was still attractive at that point, with really nice hair, but now I'm thinking that it may have been a wig, because it was just so perfect.  Cut in a "bob" style, but really perfect.  She always had gorgeous hair, though, so it could have been natural.

Well, that's my Lizabeth Scott memory.

I loved that show! "It's not what you say that counts, it's what you don't say." I watched it most days but don't ever remember Liz being on it. She had gorgeous, thick hair. I'd say it wasn't a wig. (but it's not what you say that counts, it's what you don't say, lol)

Honored Contributor

Or can't say in here haahhahahahhahahah

Honored Contributor

In one of her movies, @Judaline ,  she annoyed me too-- in "The Strange Love of Martha Ivers".   It was the way that she hung on Van Heflin, mooning over him.  She was very "green" in that film, and I think later on grew into her "femme fatale" persona and was effective....

@blueroses47,  it's fun in the shows of the Sixties and beyond, spotting the stars of 'old Hollywood',  most of whom were still very much around...  I can well believe she seemed nice.  A difficult life, by all accounts.

@kaydee50,  if you haven't seen "Pitfall",  I think you'll really be struck by Burr's creepy character.  Such a departure from meticulous, intellectual "Perry Mason"!

@SharkE,  you and I both have a soft spot for Dan Duryea!  Love him in anything-- such a talent!

Honored Contributor

@Oznell wrote:

Lizabeth Scott in the 1940s (1).jpg

8:00 p.m. Eastern--  "Too Late for Tears"   Lizabeth Scott, Arthur Kennedy, Dan Duryea, Don DeFore, Kristine Miller

ou8pk-JF9Q3N433XG-Full-Image_GalleryBackground-en-US-1524518882619._SX1080_.jpg

Restless southern California wife (Lizabeth Scott) chooses between husband (Arthur Kennedy), illicit money, and the seductive blackmailer (Dan Duryea) who comes along with it.

tumblr_osia7owEGz1s5vovio1_1280.jpg

10:00 Eastern--  "Dead Reckoning"   Humphrey Bogart, Lizabeth Scott, Morris Carnovsky, Wallace Ford   Another great noir.  Heroic ex-service member (Bogart) comes to steamy Southern city (Tampa, maybe?) to solve murder and get tangled up with beautiful torch singer (Lizabeth Scott). 

Midnight Eastern--  "Pitfall"   D i c k Powell, Lizabeth Scott, Jane Wyatt, Raymond Burr

59a2b0124418434eaef2347d70d631e2.jpg

A memorable film noir classic!   D i c k Powell has it good in the suburbs, but vulnerable model Lizabeth Scott is a temptation.  Complicating matters-- obsessive, creepy insurance investigator Raymond Burr, who has other plans for Scott.

Plus:

57E80382-88D2-4A7C-8C66-87290231BEA1.jpeg

1:45 a.m. Eastern Thursday--  "The Racket"   Robert Mitchum, Robert Ryan, Lizabeth Scott, William Talman, Ray Collins

3:30 a.m. Eastern Thursday   "The Strange Love of Martha Ivers"   Barbara Stanwyck, Kirk Douglas, Lizabeth Scott, Van Heflin

Publicity_still_for__The_Strange_Love_of_Martha_Ivers__(1946).jpg   

@Oznell   When I was very young, I would confuse her with Lauren Bacall, lol.

Honored Contributor

don't like Bogart, skip that one.