Honored Contributor

I can't wait to see this film.  Capt. Sullenberger - what a hero!  

Nat Geo showed a documentary this past weekend with reenactments of what happened in the plane after the bird strike, and with real interviews with the passengers.  The bird strike moment was so scary from inside the plane.   It was really interesting and the promos for the film look really interesting - the airline seeming at times to blame Sully.  I love the line where Sully (Tom Hanks) said the plane didn't crash - it was a "forced water landing."   

I think I'm going to see this one in IMAX.

Trusted Contributor

I would love to see that movie too. I had no idea the airlines tried to blame him!Can't wait to see if they apologized to him and recognized what a fantastic job he did saving all those on board.

F/N/A luvstogarden
Honored Contributor

I don't go to movies anymore, but I really look forward to seeing this one when it hits Premium cable, or Netflix or something.    It looks to be a really good movie.

Who else to play him but Tom Hanks?   That  just seems like a perfect matach.  Smiley Happy

Honored Contributor

I don't think there's any thing to the story that rates a movie.  I certainly wouldn't pay to see it but when it comes on cable, I'll watch.  My guess is not going to be a blockbuster or anything close to it.  

QVC Customer Care

This post has been removed by QVC because it is political

Honored Contributor

@chrystaltree@chickenbutt@Mimi 1883

You have probably heard this quip, which was told to me ... and this is that someone said

NOBODY SHOULD EVER TRAVEL WITH TOM HANKS!

(Castaway/Apollo13/Forest Gump/Captain Phillips! Lol

~Have a Kind Heart, Fierce Mind, Brave Spirit~
Honored Contributor

@chickenbutt wrote:

I don't go to movies anymore, but I really look forward to seeing this one when it hits Premium cable, or Netflix or something.    It looks to be a really good movie.

Who else to play him but Tom Hanks?   That  just seems like a perfect matach.  Smiley Happy

@chickenbutt  I agree - Tom Hanks is the perfect choice.  We will also watch when it comes out on cable, since going to the movies is not our thing either.

It's a good story and focuses not only on the wonderful outcome but also on Sully's own dealing with it in the aftermath.

It's nice to see something out there without violence for a change.

"" Compassion is a verb."-Thich Nhat Hanh
Honored Contributor

Sounds interesting and I like Tom Hanks.  Is it getting good reviews from the movie critics?

Honored Contributor

I hope not!    Bad reviews usually mean I like a movie!

@deepwaterdotter wrote:

Sounds interesting and I like Tom Hanks.  Is it getting good reviews from the movie critics?

Honored Contributor

@deepwaterdotter wrote:

I have read three reviews (two national, one local) that says it's great. and Hanks is great.