Honored Contributor

Re: SUCCESSION - HBO Sunday, June 3, 2018

@corita wrote:

@Jordan2 wrote:

I watched the show last night, I thought it was just so so, I will give it another shot. Did anyone watch, what did you think?

--------------------

I also thought it was just so-so!!!  The episode started in a strange period of the family history.  Maybe more family background would have set up the show.  I will watch but hope the past history gets explained.

@corita, the reviews were very good, maybe we need to give it a chance.

Respected Contributor

I think this will be a slow burn show like "Billion's" which started slow also.  I liked it.  They basically did background last nght.

Honored Contributor

I’m still watching, what a dysfunctional group of people!

Respected Contributor

Matthew Macfadyen who plays Tom is the one to watch. He is doing the comic relief.  He is a wonderful actor.  All of the critics agree.  I hope he still wants to do this series for Season 2.  He lives in London and has two children.  He possibly may not want to live in New York for half the year.

Esteemed Contributor

@Jordan2 wrote:

I’m still watching, what a dysfunctional group of people!

----------------

So I watched the 2nd episode and the story got a bit better.  But I can't say that I care about anyone in the group.  Everyone is so self absorbed and nasty!!!

Valued Contributor

I am recording but have not yet watched. I just read today that HBO has renewed for a second season so I guess someone must like the show.

Esteemed Contributor

Anybody still watching Succession show???  Am still  watching, but not liking any of the characters much!! Seven more episodes...want to see how it ends!!  There must be a reason for this show....

Respected Contributor

I am thinking it is a slow burn kind of show.  I did not like Billions or Homefront initially, but love them now.

Valued Contributor

Have watched the first episode and will watch second tonight. I just wish that every other sentence did not contain the F word. Seriously, it is too, too much!

Respected Contributor

I have been watching this from first episode and love it.  Really good acting/storyline and it does kind of remind me of Billions which I also loved.  Good to hear it has been renewed for another season.