Respected Contributor

SUCCESSION - HBO Sunday, June 3, 2018

[ Edited ]

"Succession," the new drama/comedy of a ten episode series premiering tomorrow night Sunday, June 3 on HBO after Westworld has received rave reviews from all of the critics.  It stars British actor Brian Cox as a Rupert Murdoch type 80 year old mogul with Kieran Culkan as well as other actors playing his children. Clearly based on the title it is about which child will succeed.  I gather from the reviews the real scene stealer is British Actor Matthew Macfadyen (Mr. Darcy of Keira Knightly Pride and Prejudice movie and more recently Mr. Wilcox of Howard's End on Starz).  This series is supposed to be wildly better than FX's Trust about the Getty Family,

Honored Contributor

Re: SUCCESSION - HBO Sunday, June 3, 2018

@culebra Thanks for the heads up.  I've just finished researching this show (thanks to your suggestion).  

It looks like something I might be interested in.  

Here's a suggestion from me...have you or do you ever watch the cable show "Billions"?

It might be something you'd like.  It's business oriented also.  My favorite actor on that show is Taylor.  Taylor is a non-binary (and in real life too) person on the show.  The character (in my opinion) stands out because (being non-binary) I find it difficult to put them into a specific group like I might do when (especially) a female were introduce into a male dominated workplace.  The actions the character takes in the show isn't affected by their gender.  

The show has some very interesting characters in it and just when you think you have a character figured out....a 360 will happen and make you wonder why you thought that in the first place.

Anyway, look into the show and let me know what you think of it.  Be aware though because the testosterone on this show sometimes makes you want to gag.  One of the things I like about it though is (in my opinion) it shows that (what I believe happens) like in real life; in what appears to be controlled by males is actually manipulated by females (only the males aren't aware of it at the time).

Respected Contributor

Thank you.  Ill look for it.  I got bored with Trust

Honored Contributor

I already have this set to record on my DVR.

Respected Contributor

@Annabellethecat66

I am already a big fan of Billions.  I have seen every episode.  Thank you

Trusted Contributor

@culebra, you had me at Mr. Darcy!!!!Smiley Happy  I will definitely check this out tomorrow.

Respected Contributor

@susan kay

My favorite Mr. Darcy's are Colin Firth and Matthew Macfadyen.  They are both superb actors and were great in the iconic role of Mr. Darcy.

Honored Contributor

I have it set to DVR.  I hope it's good.  I miss Homeland and hate the thought of Billions going away until Fall!

Honored Contributor

I watched the show last night, I thought it was just so so, I will give it another shot. Did anyone watch, what did you think?

Esteemed Contributor

@Jordan2 wrote:

I watched the show last night, I thought it was just so so, I will give it another shot. Did anyone watch, what did you think?

--------------------

I also thought it was just so-so!!!  The episode started in a strange period of the family history.  Maybe more family background would have set up the show.  I will watch but hope the past history gets explained.