Honored Contributor

STUART WHITMAN, CAROL LYNLEY, "SHOCK TREATMENT" FRIDAY FOX MOVIE CHANNEL 11:25 A.M. EASTERN

11:25 a.m. Eastern, Fox Movie Channel Friday--  "Shock Treatment"

Where is my chum @just bee?  She probably knows this one inside and out, ha.  (for those who don't know, @just bee loves movies set in psychiatric facilites.)

Hunky actor Stuart Whitman is hired to pretend insanity so that he can be committed to a hospital and investigate another patient (the always entertaining Roddy McDowell) who was sent there after killing his employer. It is believed the patient has stolen and hidden one million dollars...

Whitman also discovers that the chief psychiatrist (Lauren Bacall) could be considered batty-- and dangerous-- herself, and he is drawn to another resident, lovely Carol Lynley...

I've seen only parts of this, but it is enjoyable in a Sixties, over-wrought, lurid and intense way.  

And preceding "Shock Treatment" is another sort of psychological thriller from the Sixties, "The Cabinet of Dr. Caligari" at 9:35 a.m. Eastern on FXM.  It's a re-working of the seminal 1920 masterwork of the same name.  Glynis Johns is a stranded motorist who finds herself being detained in a luxurious mansion of strange inhabitants.  This too is a fun "horror-esque" film, with twists!  The fey Glynis Johns is one of my favorites-- wish she had worked more....

Honored Contributor

Re: STUART WHITMAN, CAROL LYNLEY, "SHOCK TREATMENT" FRIDAY FOX MOVIE CHANNEL 11:25 A.M. EA

@Oznell

H_ll, I lived this last night at work!

I flipped through my channels and couldn't find it even though I'm pretty sure it's in my line-up (that I'm paying way too much for).

But what I did find was The Idolmaker on THIS.  I didn't know I still had THIS.  Well, The Idolmaker is one of my all-time favorite films, so of course I had to stop right there.

After the night I had, I need to spend the morning with Ray Sharkey.  And an Amstel Light...

~My philosophy: Dogs are God's most perfect creatures. Angels, here on Earth, who teach us to be better human beings.~
Honored Contributor

Re: STUART WHITMAN, CAROL LYNLEY, "SHOCK TREATMENT" FRIDAY FOX MOVIE CHANNEL 11:25 A.M. EA

Ha, ha, dear @just bee, I'm so glad you found somthing to be of comfort!   Especially after your rocky night at work-- but remember, you and your ilk are making the world a better place!

Honored Contributor

@Oznell wrote:

Ha, ha, dear @just bee, I'm so glad you found somthing to be of comfort!   Especially after your rocky night at work-- but remember, you and your ilk are making the world a better place!

@Oznell

Thanks -- I needed that!

And I needed to see The Idolmaker "cookie scene" this morning.  I feel so much better now...

~My philosophy: Dogs are God's most perfect creatures. Angels, here on Earth, who teach us to be better human beings.~
Honored Contributor

@Oznell @just bee 

Just stumbled onto this one while doing a search!

Thanks again I will look this one up and add it!

~Have a Kind Heart, Fierce Mind, Brave Spirit~
Respected Contributor

@Oznell You made me chuckle and brought me back to a time long past by using the word ilk!  Brazen article was another one from that time.  My father's favorite express was:  Good Night, Nurse................that always puzzled me.  Thanks for the remembrance!

Honored Contributor

@Oznell @Somertime @just bee 

GOOD ONE!

What a twist!

~Have a Kind Heart, Fierce Mind, Brave Spirit~