New Contributor

Re: STRAHAN?

@Somertime, I don't know him personally but he appears to be a likeable person. We really don't know what took place on the previous show. Regardless, I would never wish anything bad on anyone. Just saying!

Esteemed Contributor

@Kayke923 wrote:

@Somertime, I don't know him personally but he appears to be a likeable person. We really don't know what took place on the previous show. Regardless, I would never wish anything bad on anyone. Just saying!

@Kayke923   @Somertime  didn't wish anything bad on anyone.

Super Contributor

He seems to have a problem with every show he’s on.  He never lasts long.  I think he gets bored easily and wants to move on.  I personally think he has a big head.  Not a fan of his.  JMO

Esteemed Contributor

He was on vacation a month or so ago, when Robin was on vacation and then on vacation again two weeks ago.  I knew he was gone this past week but didn't know if it was still vacation or illness.  I'm sorry to hear he's sick.

Why is it, when I have a 50/50 guess at something, I'm always 100% wrong?
Valued Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Kayke923  I think your remark was for January 121 and not me.  JANUARY 121 is not a fan of his, I have enjoyed him in the past and would ever wish anything bad on anyone.

This was my original post and there is no reference to a previous show and no ill will by me.

He was on vacation for a week on Strahan & Sara and then has been absent all this week.  I'm not crazy about this show but my husband likes it.  In the last couple of weeks, it seemed to me Michael wasn't getting along with Sara.  He's made some remarks that were a little snide.  I don't think the show is doing very well but I could be wrong.

Valued Contributor

@Tique   This was my original comment:  He was on vacation for a week on Strahan & Sara and then has been absent all this week.  I'm not crazy about this show but my husband likes it.  In the last couple of weeks, it seemed to me Michael wasn't getting along with Sara.  He's made some remarks that were a little snide.  I don't think the show is doing very well but I could be wrong.

I think Kayke923 was referring to the remarks by January 121 and not mine.

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Somertime   I knew the comment was not yours; that's why I posted what I did. Sometimes depending on how people reply to a quote, it can get confusing.

Esteemed Contributor

For the life off me, I can't understand why he's still on the air...especially on GMA.  He's awful.  His delivery is never very smooth.  Like a fish out of water, IMHO.

Honored Contributor

@January121 wrote:

@Somertime wrote:

He was on vacation for a week on Strahan & Sara and then has been absent all this week.  I'm not crazy about this show but my husband likes it.  In the last couple of weeks, it seemed to me Michael wasn't getting along with Sara.  He's made some remarks that were a little snide.  I don't think the show is doing very well but I could be wrong.

@Somertime  .... I really don’t like Michael Strahan after what he did to Kelly Rippa on that show ... he seems to want to be the “main event” .... he already changed the name of his current show to Strahan & Sarah instead of Michael & Sarah ... he definitely has a personality problem .... I pray each day that his current show will be cancelled .... Sarah will do fine without him .... she is so much better than he is!!! ..... something is up with him otherwise he wouldn’t be out .... hopefully Karma has come to bite him in the ****** 🙏🙏

I don't blame Michael for how it went down. It was higher up that decided how to handle his leaving the show, Michael may have been told not to say anything. Kelly acted very immature, taking an unexpected week off after the announcement. She is employed by The Disney Company, they owe her nothing, she is well compensated. I have worked at jobs, no one runs anything by me, I just do my job.

Valued Contributor

@Redwall wrote:

Why doesn't Regis Philbin receive the same treatment as Mike Strahan from those that support Ripka in the matter?  I recall reading--can't remember the source- that Ripka was told about the retirement before the show began that day.

I don't get the issues with Stahan in this case. It was a network decision and he was just doing what they asked and he obviously felt it was a better opportunity.

I think no one cared when Regis left her because it was his show for so long and through different hosts. I was a fan going way way back. I personally wasn't a huge Ripa fan and I liked when he just rotated hosts for a while. I think she and a lot of people just assumed that when Regis left it became HER show and her reaction to Strahan leaving points to that. But to me it was just a not great transition from Regis leaving.

I stopped watching after Regis left because he was the whole point to me. Loved hearing him tell a story, and back in the day I loved how they'd have all of his friends on as guests. Dom Deluise doing cooking segments! Then I started just watching the first 20 minutes when they started having all of the same guests as everyone else.