Super Contributor

STRAHAN?

[ Edited ]

I ususally try to tune in to GMA about 8:20 a.m. Pacific Time to watch Ginger Zee and her "GMA moment".  Many times it is about adorable kids doing fun or amazing kids.  I have noticed for the past couple weeks that M. Strahan has not been on GMA or Strahan & Sara.  Is he on vacation or what?  Maybe he is taping his game show that airs in the summer.  Not that I'm crazy about him, just curious.

Valued Contributor

Re: STRAHAN?

He was on vacation for a week on Strahan & Sara and then has been absent all this week.  I'm not crazy about this show but my husband likes it.  In the last couple of weeks, it seemed to me Michael wasn't getting along with Sara.  He's made some remarks that were a little snide.  I don't think the show is doing very well but I could be wrong.

Trusted Contributor

They have not said anything formally, but mentioned in passing that he was sick when introducing a pre-taped piece with Hugh Hackman.  GMA is usually more transparent so his extended absence without explanation is odd.  Wish him good health and hope for the best.

Honored Contributor

I thought Sara said he had an ear infection. Sara is so sweet, I wouldn't think Michael would have a problem with her.

Respected Contributor

Never watch but admire and respect Strahan. Hope all is well with him. 

Keepin' it real.
Frequent Contributor

I read an article that says he is sick.  Almost a repeat of Whoppe on The View.

Respected Contributor

@Somertime wrote:

He was on vacation for a week on Strahan & Sara and then has been absent all this week.  I'm not crazy about this show but my husband likes it.  In the last couple of weeks, it seemed to me Michael wasn't getting along with Sara.  He's made some remarks that were a little snide.  I don't think the show is doing very well but I could be wrong.

@Somertime  .... I really don’t like Michael Strahan after what he did to Kelly Rippa on that show ... he seems to want to be the “main event” .... he already changed the name of his current show to Strahan & Sarah instead of Michael & Sarah ... he definitely has a personality problem .... I pray each day that his current show will be cancelled .... Sarah will do fine without him .... she is so much better than he is!!! ..... something is up with him otherwise he wouldn’t be out .... hopefully Karma has come to bite him in the ****** 🙏🙏

Respected Contributor

@Jordan2 wrote:

I thought Sara said he had an ear infection. Sara is so sweet, I wouldn't think Michael would have a problem with her.

@Jordan2  ..... I think he has a problem with all blond female co hosts🙃

Super Contributor

Why doesn't Regis Philbin receive the same treatment as Mike Strahan from those that support Ripka in the matter?  I recall reading--can't remember the source- that Ripka was told about the retirement before the show began that day.

Respected Contributor

I don't watch the Strahan and Sara show, but I do sometimes tune in to GMA.  The other morning when I tuned in they were doing what appeared to be an extended ad for the Strahan and Sara show, so I'm assuming they're not going anywhere except it looks like Sara is pregnant again, so she'll have to take a break at some point.