Honored Contributor

It's been a "minute" since covid, etc., yet movie stars seem to be choosing PUSS N BOOTS, AVATAR, and animated action figure movies.

Other countries have many movies available. I'm thinking they get paid well to sit in a booth and do "voice overs" for the cartoon characters without a long time committment. 

What do you think?

Trusted Contributor

Re: STARS DOING ANIMATED FILMS

Famous actors have been doing animated movies, tv shows, and video games for decades. 

“The fear of becoming old is born of the recognition that one is not living now the life that one wishes. It is equivalent to a sense of abusing the present.” Susan Sontag
Valued Contributor

The actors in Avatar do a lot of physical work. They wear special suits and act out scenes. The suits are converted to the figures you see in the movie. Kate Winslet was interviewed for Avatar. She learned how to hold her breath under water for more than 6 minutes! That's commitment!

Trusted Contributor

The money they get for animated films goes beyond what they on the movie.  There is a large licensing franchise as well which the stars can make lots of money from.

Honored Contributor

I'm thinking the job is much harder than just sitting in a booth and using their voice.  It takes talent and actors have been doing this for decades.

Honored Contributor

@paixmcdao wrote:

Famous actors have been doing animated movies, tv shows, and video games for decades. 

Yes, and commercials, especially in foreign countries.

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

Frankly, I think there are many unknown actors who could do the voices just as well (and for less money).  I would never go see an animated film just because so and so did the voice.  I don't care who does the voices, as long as they are good.

Many times, I don't even know ahead of time or during the movie who the voice actors are, but learn their names after the movie is over.

Always remember that you are absolutely unique. Just like everyone else. Margaret Mead
Esteemed Contributor

Each of them has a HUUUUUGE fan base! Loyal fans typically flock to the theaters as soon as sequels are released. Name recognition also fills seats. That is my two pennies.😊

~~~All We Need Is Love💖

Honored Contributor

Years ago, there were rumors that, eventually in the future, many, maybe most, movies / films would be a  replica/simulation of the actor/actors, voices and all without the actor even being there at a movie set.

Of course, the real life actors would be compensated for releasing their 'image'. 

Well, we'll see........or, at least others down the line will see........

'More or less', 'Right or wrong', 'In general', and 'Just thinking out loud ' (as usual).
Honored Contributor

The word/ my thought is 'hologram'.  That word just popped into my mind.  

'More or less', 'Right or wrong', 'In general', and 'Just thinking out loud ' (as usual).