Valued Contributor

Re: STAR TREK PREMIERED 55 YRS AGO TODAY

[ Edited ]

I've been a big fan since the beginning..watched everything Star Trek.  I even signed up for Paramount + just so I could watch Star Trek Discovery (simply fabulous and very strong female characters!!) and Picard (Patrick Stewart is old, but I still love him).

Honored Contributor

Until... | Star trek original series, Star trek original, Watch star trek

~My philosophy: Dogs are God's most perfect creatures. Angels, here on Earth, who teach us to be better human beings.~
Honored Contributor

It's not just a program, it's a philosophy. Good people doing good things while overcoming difficult obstacles, using their principles to help create a fair outcome.

[was Homegirl] Love to be home . . . thus the screen name. Joined 2003.
Honored Contributor

@GingerPeach wrote:

It's not just a program, it's a philosophy. Good people doing good things while overcoming difficult obstacles, using their principles to help create a fair outcome.

@GingerPeach  May you live long and prosper. 😄

Honored Contributor

@Pearlee wrote:

@GingerPeach wrote:

🖖 @Pearlee 

Honored Contributor

@GingerPeach wrote:

@Pearlee wrote:

@GingerPeach wrote:

🖖 @Pearlee 

@GingerPeach   Love it!

Esteemed Contributor

@wilma I agree about the good story lines in the original Star Trek, I have watched some episodes.  The short skirts don't bother me.  It was the times.  But Captain Kirk, his "revealing" necklines, romances...  The show could be too cheesy for me.

Thanks for your insight on the reboot.  That has been my feeling, why I haven't rushed to watch.  But I probably will.

Like space exploration, futuristic movies ...  child of 1970s, what can I say...

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

@dakotacheryl wrote:

I've been a big fan since the beginning..watched everything Star Trek.  I even signed up for Paramount + just so I could watch Star Trek Discovery (simply fabulous and very strong female characters!!) and Picard (Patrick Stewart is old, but I still love him).

@dakotacheryl I have been thinking about this!  You like the new series?  There are 2?  Don't know much about it.  Might be worth the cost of the subscription...

Valued Contributor

@NYCLatinaMe  There are 3 seasons of Star Trek Discovery (which I binge watched) and the story really develops over each season.. I highly recommend it. Only one season of Picard, and I thoroughly enjoyed it 😁

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

There's no reboot of Star Trek. Each series is distinct, and takes place in a different era. 
Each one has its own personality, so to speak.