Regular Contributor

So happy to hear this! I love the characterHeart

Esteemed Contributor

I never liked the character.  Way too intense with a short fuse.  It's the same reason I don't like the Danny Reagan character on Blue Bloods.

Honored Contributor

I love SVU now, but never watched it when he was on, just started about 5 years ago. 

Respected Contributor

@Tique wrote:

@luvmybeetle    when Christopher Meloni left L&O SVU, it was reported it was due to them not meeting his salary requests. He wouldn't even come back to tape a show where they could give his character closure so they just mentioned in an episode that he put in his papers and was gone.

Meanwhile Meloni took down his personal website and wanted everything that referred to his longtime affiliation with SVU obliterated. He came off like a spoiled brat having a temper tantrum. There were articles about it but they've probably been scrubbed in anticipation of his return to the franchise. He thought - like David Caruso when he left NYPD Blue -  that the series would stall without him. Boy were they wrong.

I have followed his very successful career since the early 1990's, and have never read any articles or watched any interviews where he said that the show would stall without him. On the contrary, he has expressed pride in the role and has remained good friends with Mariska Hargitay, who is now one of the executive producers on the show. Why would he appear in an episode when he was no longer under contract? He certainly hasn't burned any bridges with Mr. Wolf.

“The soul is healed by being with children.”
— Fyodor Dostoyevsky
Esteemed Contributor

I really didn't care for Stàbler.

He had anger issues, and expected the Captain to fix it when he would get in to trouble, which was often.

The Sky looks different when you have someone you love up there.
Esteemed Contributor

@elizabethl123 wrote:

WILL BE BACK ON SPECIAL VICTIMS  UNIT  SOON  IM SO HAPPY ABOUT THAT 

I read that in his new show he'll be leading an NYPD organized crime unit instead of going back to SVU.  

Esteemed Contributor

@pigletsmom wrote:

@Mz iMac wrote:

He's the only "original" SVU character I could not stand.  I was sick & tired of his anger issues each & every episode.

I agree. He really started to creep me out after a while. 

What I found a little creepy was one season where they practically wrote off his wife, and most of his personal scenes were with his daughter Maureen who often wore tight or skimpy tank tops.  He seemed obsessed with the daughters at times.  It was weird, but I guess Maureen and Kathleen gave him lots to get worked up about. 

I thought Stabler's interaction with his bipolar mother played by Ellen Burstyn was more interesting than any of the personal storylines they gave Olivia.  If they never mentioned Noah or any of her family again, that would be fine with me.

Honored Contributor

@elizabethl123 wrote:

WILL BE BACK ON SPECIAL VICTIMS  UNIT  SOON  IM SO HAPPY ABOUT THAT 

@elizabethl123   He has his own show now, so wonder how he can do both.

Honored Contributor

I like the character, like that the show as many do use a wide variety of personalities in their casts.

As for Meloni's wanting to be paid for his work -   we've seen that for so many in the entertainment industry that it washes right over my head -  same way as some sports star walking off with 50 million a year -  someone holding the purse strings seems to be okay paying all of them or they wouldn't do it.

Honored Contributor

I look forward to Elliot Stabler returning to a TV show spinoff connected to SVU.  He's no longer playing the role of detective.    Rather the new show revolves around an organized crime unit of which Stabler is director (from what I read).  There are initially 13 episodes planned, and I hope it is successful.  I also look forward to crossovers with actors in SVU and the Organized Crime Unit (OCU) (i.e., Stabler and Benson).  This is now sometimes the case between SVU and Chicago PD, and could be expanded.

"Faith, Hope, Love; the greatest of these is Love." ~The Silver Fox~