Esteemed Contributor

I liked this series although, as others have stated, I wasn't crazy about the ending.  I will watch if they have a second season.  

Respected Contributor
Count me in. I almost quit after 1st episode. Son told me to watch 2nd episode and it continued to get better.
Didn't care to much for ending.
I think I will keep a eye open for season two. 🤔
Frequent Contributor

I got drawn into the series more than I expected to and ended up really enjoying it.  Also, it was  the perfect length.  The dubbing was done well enough that it wasnt a distraction.  As for violence, I have given up trying to avoid it since it permeates almost every show out there of any interest to me at least. Loved the ending.

Honored Contributor

I haven't watched this but I have heard more than one person say it took about 3 episodes for them to realize why people were hooked on this.

I'm not sure it's for me.  I have a very hard time watching really violent shows.   

Esteemed Contributor

I am not joining the 142 millions watching. I don't want to see people killed. There will be a second season. 

Respected Contributor

I knew nothing about it when we started it- I DO have to close my eyes for parts of it- (But I have to do that for most movies)We are on episode 4 and I am hooked...I wish I hadnt read that the ending is no good...

Honored Contributor
I thought it was garbage and gave up after 4 episodes.

No, I’m not automatically against gore given that I’ve watched and enjoyed American Horror Story and Walking Dead ( until I gave up on the plot a few seasons ago).
Trusted Contributor

@Mothertrucker wrote:

I knew nothing about it when we started it- I DO have to close my eyes for parts of it- (But I have to do that for most movies)We are on episode 4 and I am hooked...I wish I hadnt read that the ending is no good...

I watched the series in two days and really liked it.  I may be in the minority but I liked the ending.   Are people watching with the dubbing or sub-titles?

Valued Contributor

I have 2 more episodes to go.  Almost gave up after the first couple, but stuck with it and got hooked.  It became more interesting as we got to know the characters more.   It's disturbing and sad, but somehow entertaining.  Curious how it ends.

Honored Contributor

I adore Korean shows in general, but when I looked into this one I determined that it is far too horror-oriented for me. I enjoy the fun K romantic comedies and K famiily comedies because they leave me feeling happier for having watched them.

Still, I'm really glad Korean shows are getting so much attention because of the popularity of this Squid Game, even if it doesn't represent the majority of the shows from that country.

When you’re accustomed to privilege, equality feels like oppression.
"Power without love is reckless and abusive, and love without power is sentimental and anemic." - Dr. Martin Luther King Jr