Esteemed Contributor

SPOILER by Request... Mysteries of Laura

I was asked to post WHAT HAPPENED.  I am reluctant to do so... but here goes. In a nutshell Laura was the target but the captain was killed... boy am I bad with names.  In any case they became friends and she was the one killed.  So sad beginning to like her. 

And when will  she tell Jake she broke up with boyfriend.  Who knows.  Keeps you going.

In any case love the characters.. and the way they work together.  

Esteemed Contributor

Re: SPOILER by Request... Mysteries of Laura

We should've guessed that would happen when they became friends.  I was sad to see it.  Her name is Santiago or Santiani?  Her name on this show is very similar to her name on Necessary Roughness, which was Santino as I recall.  I wondered if they did that on purpose.

I really enjoy this show.  I think this two-parter is the season finale.  I just hope it isn't the series finale. 

Esteemed Contributor

I will go on record... EVERYTIME I LOVE SOMETHING IT GOES OFF THE AIR.  I just hope I am wrong this time.  

Honored Contributor

Callie Thorne is a fabulous actress, she had major roles on Rescue Me and Homicide, I will miss her on Laura. Very sad and surprising ending. This may prompt Laura to go back to Jake and get close with her little sister.

Regular Contributor

Unless, of course, all isn't as it seems............

We never actually saw the Captain hit, just a shot of the window exploding and everybody diving for cover; never saw her in the ambulance, just Laura coming forward and saying "she's gone."    COULD be a massive hoax to let the oriental kingpin THINK that he's gotten partial revenge (he was screaming at both the Captain and Laura when he was being led away) thereby giving the Captain the chance to act behind the scenes and do some sting thing with the feds or DEA to take the fake drug ring down.

Just saying, maybe............  

I liked the new interaction of the Captain with the precinct, and the buffer she brings in not having Jake be Laura's boss.  Hopefully they have some ace up their sleeve and she won't really be leaving.

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

Honored Contributor

I think the captain is really dead. They didn't have time to fake or plan anything.

Honored Contributor

Thank you, Spoilettes.

I have been a loyal fan of ABC 4 block comedies for about 6 years, but they had, for me, gotten really stale in this last season.

SINCE I'm CRAZY about anything Debra Messing does, I'd started to watch "Laura" last year- was it on Friday nights for a while? - and liked it a lot, but didn't "find" it again until the last couple episodes, then missed it this last Wednesday.

I'll tell you, I really got the business with the husband and his new "interest",  Laura's reaction, and so on, and I'll be seriously bothered if this is the end of the series.

By the way, what's up with the former husband's health? Or did they drop that whole topic after season 1?

Esteemed Contributor

Never thought about that.  Could be a ploy.  But I guess we will see.  

Honored Contributor

@violann wrote:

Thank you, Spoilettes.

I have been a loyal fan of ABC 4 block comedies for about 6 years, but they had, for me, gotten really stale in this last season.

SINCE I'm CRAZY about anything Debra Messing does, I'd started to watch "Laura" last year- was it on Friday nights for a while? - and liked it a lot, but didn't "find" it again until the last couple episodes, then missed it this last Wednesday.

I'll tell you, I really got the business with the husband and his new "interest",  Laura's reaction, and so on, and I'll be seriously bothered if this is the end of the series.

By the way, what's up with the former husband's health? Or did they drop that whole topic after season 1?

It has always been on Wed at 8 ET since it first aired last year.  Jake has A Fib, he is being treated and takes meds.