Honored Contributor

Re: SPOILER - THE Bachelor 3/5

@DrKelliwrote:

@winamac1, Becca IS the next Bachelorette!  I thought she showed a lot of class and composure.  Even if Arie admitted he made a mistake, he's still a tool.  And ABC is not without some blame for the way that break up went down.

I loved the first guy that will be on Becca's season when he told her how gracefully she handled the whole situation.  And that Arie was a wanker.

Thanks!!!

@DrKelli

"friends don't let friends drink white zinfandel"
Respected Contributor

I watched Arie and Lauren on Jimmy Kimmel, and Lauren said they are planning their wedding!!!

Honored Contributor

@OKPrincesswrote:

@DrKelliwrote:

This isn't the first time this has happened.  It happened years ago in Mesnick's season when he dumped Melissa and got together with the runner up, Molly.  They eventually did get married and now have a little girl.

But it's a complete tool move.

If you remember Jason broke up with Melissa on live TV. 

@OKPrincess - That whole thing was staged. Melissa knew ahead of time. She signed a contract with ABC for a few years after and they treated her very well, putting her on Dancing with the Stars, and seeing that she got a reality program on one of the stations they owned. She made out extremely well. 

They will do ANYTHING to get viewers to watch! Smiley Wink

Honored Contributor

@beach-momwrote:

@OKPrincesswrote:

@DrKelliwrote:

This isn't the first time this has happened.  It happened years ago in Mesnick's season when he dumped Melissa and got together with the runner up, Molly.  They eventually did get married and now have a little girl.

But it's a complete tool move.

If you remember Jason broke up with Melissa on live TV. 

@OKPrincess - That whole thing was staged. Melissa knew ahead of time. She signed a contract with ABC for a few years after and they treated her very well, putting her on Dancing with the Stars, and seeing that she got a reality program on one of the stations they owned. She made out extremely well. 

They will do ANYTHING to get viewers to watch! Smiley Wink

Melissa made out like a bandit I agree. And I’m a sucker for this show ever Ryan and Trista. 💕

Respected Contributor

I only watched the last show on Monday (and Tuesday).  Personally, I think both women were too young for him.  Since I didn't watch any of the other episodes I don't know how many women there were in the 30-ish age range for him to choose from.  Wonder how long their relationship will last.   

Honored Contributor

Staged or not, the producers dragged the break-up and it went on and on and on.  Way too much time that could have been spent on something else.  Jmo.

p.s.  I'm wishing Lauren and Arie the best.  It could be that his personality is similar to Lauren's.  More on the 'quiet side'.  I believe he said that he's very ready to settle down and have children.  'Could be' that Lauren feels exactly the same.  After years of dating, maybe both of them are extremely ready to 'settle down', have a family, etc. 

A few of my friends (many years ago and after dating unsettled men) told their boyfriends/fiances at the time that they were ready to marry and have children as soon as possible.   (Still married with adult children, btw.)

'I don't know', just maybe Aire had been getting the feeling that Becca wasn't ready right now.  Just guessing, of course, etc. 

'More or less', 'Right or wrong', 'In general', and 'Just thinking out loud ' (as usual).
Honored Contributor

It's been said that it's better to cancel a marriage even if it's the day of the ceremony.  (I've seen this happen once, btw.) Better to cancel than to marry and be unhappy and divorced 6 months later (I've seen that happen once, too.).

'More or less', 'Right or wrong', 'In general', and 'Just thinking out loud ' (as usual).
Honored Contributor

@Catty2wrote:

I only watched the last show on Monday (and Tuesday).  Personally, I think both women were too young for him.  Since I didn't watch any of the other episodes I don't know how many women there were in the 30-ish age range for him to choose from.  Wonder how long their relationship will last.   

The youngest lady was 22 yr old. She was in the white see through top.

Honored Contributor

@OKPrincesswrote:

@Catty2wrote:

The youngest lady was 22 yr old. She was in the white see through top.

She turned 23 in February.  

Honored Contributor

@ROMARYwrote:

It's been said that it's better to cancel a marriage even if it's the day of the ceremony.  (I've seen this happen once, btw.) Better to cancel than to marry and be unhappy and divorced 6 months later (I've seen that happen once, too.).

ITA

I'm glad Becca dodged that bullet. 

At first I didn't think Arie and Lauren would ever last.  In some odd way, I do think they will.  

He obviously is obsessed with her, and she's pretty and she's obsessed with him.  I'd not have taken him back.  

Jason and Molly lasted over 8 years.  They have at least one child.