Honored Contributor

SPOILER**************NEXT FOOD NETWORK STAR

I was was so upset the hunky italian guy did not win!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

What do you all think of the winner?

I will never watch her...............don't get all that fleek stuff.

CATS ARE HEAVEN SENT
Respected Contributor

Re: SPOILER**************NEXT FOOD NETWORK STAR

[ Edited ]

I liked Damiano, too.  

The winner is too silly for me and her food doesn't interest me, so if she gets a show, it"s unlikely that I will watch.

Contributor

I also thought that Damiano should have won!!!  I don't think that Tregaye is all that good!!!  I know I won't be watching her.  In my opinion she should have come in third place and not first!!  

Respected Contributor

She reminds me of Gina Neely, remember the show with her husband Pat? BBQ show they ended up divorced.

Esteemed Contributor

Tregaye has been the favorite for a long time. I knew she would win. I do not particularly care for her. I was disappointed that Damiano didn't win. I liked his pilot. He is such a good looking guy. I think he would have drawn all the women to watch him. Also, he was a good cook and baker. Jernard was good but he was too loud and would have been hard to watch.

Trusted Contributor

I had a feeling that Tregaye would win, though I agree that I will not watch. Her style does not appeal to me (what is all this "flleek stuff supposed to mean???). I could not understand Gernard half the time. Was really bummed that Damiano was eliminated right away. Hope to see him again, though. I think they hve the winner picked halfway through the show. If they stay true to form, we won't see her much anyway.

Valued Contributor

@sissel wrote:

She reminds me of Gina Neely, remember the show with her husband Pat? BBQ show they ended up divorced.

Exactly! I was trying to think of Gina's name. Same over the top personality, and always seems like she's shouting at you! Definitely was surprised she won.

However, I'll bet Damiano will show up on the network in some capacity.  The runners-up usually do. How about a show where he travels to romantic cities and visits restaurants with incredible pastries and other foods? (Sort of like his pilot--but play up the romance and elegance.)  I'd watch for sure! 

Esteemed Contributor

I'm not surprised she won.  I've never cared for Bobby or Giada as hosts of any Food Network Show so I figured their tastes (no pun intended Woman Wink) would be completely opposite of mine.  

Knowledge is knowing that a tomato is a fruit, but Wisdom is knowing not to put it in a fruit salad.
- Author Unknown
Respected Contributor

Arrgh.  I knew she would win.  Jernard or Damiano had it.  I will not be watching this show.  She gets on my nerves.  I cried (not happy tears either) when she won.

She will be CO-HOSTING The Kitchen Sink (a new show) which tells me that she's not getting her own show like all the other winners in the past.  She's going to take over the show and dominate whoever is hosting w/her I just know it.

Trusted Contributor

I like Tregaye!  I think she has a great personality, and will be fun to watch.  There are enough stodgy shows on the Food Network for me.  I rarely copy their recipes or ways of cooking.  WAY too much fat (butter, oil, lard) for me, as well as too much salt.

Damiano is very good looking, but I had a difficult time understanding him.  Not only his accent (which was charming), but the fact that he talked so fast.