Trusted Contributor

Re: SPOILER 6/13 - Project Runway Winner

@CelticCrafter
@Yahooey
I love Yahooey writing that Karlie's dress was a mash-up of Garo's space sequined dress and Sebastian's leather links! And Celtic, I have to agree that the dress looked horribly stiff. It is not easy to make Karlie look bad! But that dress did not flatter her.
That scene at Mood was so awkward when the store was completely closed, and Seb showed up with coffee? for Christian. Lolol...I guess Seb really needed thread! Crazy scene...it was strange.
Honored Contributor

Congratulations to Sebastian! My favorite designer of the season. IMO he should have won more regular season challenges. I think Hester is talented, but I just don’t like her mish mash kooky prints style. Garo’s final collection was a disappointment, but he is talented. 

I missed Heidi & Tim at first, but I grew to like the new judges & Christian. I think Christian got better as a mentor every week. I really liked him in that position. Love that Nina was back, and Karlie, Elaine, & Brandon were also ok with me. I noticed that Brandon made comments that reminded me of Michael Kors wit when he was a judge. 

Still my favorite show! Love seeing what the designers come up with for the challenges. Looking forward to another season. 👍

Honored Contributor

@CelticCrafter wrote:

@Yahooey wrote:

@momtochloe  

I really enjoyed Hester's collection - there is a niche out there for it - she is very imaginative. The light water color print is pretty and some of the items were very wearable. She doesn't work well under strict time constraints and used her time wisely to develop this colleciton.

Garo. - disappointed

Hester - enjoyed her much more than I thought I would

Sebastian - he listened and censored himself with all the accessories (love them) and put back the white dress

Christain - adorbs

btw - hated Karlie's dress - it was a mashup of Garo's space vibe and Sebastians links lol

And it looked really stiff and glittery.  I thought it was ugly.

I don't know if I'll be watching the next season.  I didn't care for Karlie as the host.  The stylist they had on a few times was the last person in the world I would go to for styling or fashion advice based on how she would dress herself.

@CelticCrafter  I agree that Marni has a terrible personal style, but it appeared most of her advice to the designers (at least the advice that made the cut) was spot on.  Also, considering some of the celebrities she styles.  You know the saying, you can't judge a book by it's cover.  There are also many clothing designers out there that don't dress anything like the beautiful designs they put down the runway.  Many of the dress quite dowdy IMO from what I have seen.  Maybe it's just because they are so focused on the job at hand they don't have time to worry about their own personal style.  But, Marni I think puts a lot of thought into her own personal style. It seems very deliberate, especially when you realize she took a Barbie to the runway show dressed exactly like she was dressed, a little mini me I guess.

Honored Contributor

@MarnieRez3 wrote:
@CelticCrafter
@Yahooey
I love Yahooey writing that Karlie's dress was a mash-up of Garo's space sequined dress and Sebastian's leather links! And Celtic, I have to agree that the dress looked horribly stiff. It is not easy to make Karlie look bad! But that dress did not flatter her.
That scene at Mood was so awkward when the store was completely closed, and Seb showed up with coffee? for Christian. Lolol...I guess Seb really needed thread! Crazy scene...it was strange.

@MarnieRez3 

Karlie's shoulders could be seen from space - it was awful - wonder who designed it

Respected Contributor

How is it possible that I am going to be the first one to comment on how I laughed out loud at the audacious comment about Hester's clothing line that DVF made?  I had to rewind the show to listen to it once again.  

I, too, am thrilled that Sebastian won.  I did love a couple of Garo's outfits, but Sebastian had a full collection of sleek, stunning and cohesive clothing with fabulous belts.  Hester's looks were inventive, but I would never consider wearing even one of them, like ever.  Her daring, attention-grabbing clothing is not for me. 

Honored Contributor

@Jersey Born are you referring to DVF's F-Bomb?  That came completely out of nowhere.

Respected Contributor

@Icegoddess   YES!  Exactly that!  That shocked me to hear that on air.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Jersey Born 

I have it on DVR - when was it dropped?

Honored Contributor

@Jersey Born I was surprised it even came out of her mouth.  I guess I shouldn't be, but she has such a clean public persona, or at least I thought she did.

@Yahooey it's during the critiques.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

oh yes - I heard the bleep - I thought you mean it went over the air

was I surprised? not really - it was a compliment - guess I use that word too much 

@Icegoddess