Honored Contributor

SPECIAL TO @SPIDER WOMAN AND HORROR/SCI FY FANS

@spiderw, and @SharkE , TCM is billing tomorrow during the day as a "Horror Fest", but most of the entries seem more like sci fi to me?  I'm not up on the genre like you two.  So maybe this won't be of as much interest to you, but just in case, here's the schedule, from "The Killer Shrews" to "Creature from the Black Lagoon":

http://www.tcm.com/schedule/index.html?tz=est&sdate=2020-04-07

Honored Contributor

Re: SPECIAL TO @SPIDER WOMAN AND HORROR/SCI FY FANS

I'll check it out ! Thanks for the heads up !

Honored Contributor

Some classics there--The Thing, Them, Godzilla, Forbidden Planet.  They should be showing the original Invasion of the Body Snatchers!  IMO the line between sci-fi and horror is very narrow!

Honored Contributor

Godzilla looks like a tonka toy nowdays. Things have evolved so much.

Guess they're running these types for the kids at home now. Most of the time it's around Halloween.  I'm more into vampires, ghost stuff. LOL

Still say that George C. Scott movie was one of the best can't remember name of it now. I've got it of course. Melvyn Douglas is in it too and Scott's, then, wife at the time. Well done intelligent scary show.

Honored Contributor

@SharkE   The Changling?

Honored Contributor

Yep ! Great movie.

Honored Contributor

That's one George C. Scott film I'd never heard of --  love him!  I think he made another film too, with the wife he had after Colleen Dewhurst--  Trish Van Devere, I think.

Honored Contributor

Oznell!

Thanks for information.  I already have those movies on my DVR!!!!  I sometimes check TCM ahead of time and when I saw that group, I couldn't tape fast enough!!!!!

I have seen all of the movies so many times but still love them and do not tire of them.  Them, The Thing, The Creature from the Black Lagoon and Godzilla are some of my favorites..  I do have to say I'm passing on the Killer Shrews,yes, it is that bad!!!!!!

These are a mixture of SiFi and horror even though none scare me at all.  They are long time TV friends!!!!!

Yesterday I watched House on Haunted Hill with Vincent Price.  I saw  that movie when it came out, still love it !  I am more a fan of the old movies in this genre, not the remakes.

Stay safe, Oznell, and yes, I do love all the classic movies too!

Honored Contributor

Ha, knowing you, @spiderw ,  I half-suspected that you had them on tap already!  You're true connoisseur of the genre.

Thank you for good wishes, and wishing you also, good health and contentment right now!

Esteemed Contributor

:The Killer Shrews" was riffed on Mystery Science Theater 3000. The movie was bad, so that's the only way to watch it. They mad soem good comments during the film. 

"The more I learn about people, the more I like my dog."

Mark Twain