Honored Contributor

SOMETHING I NOTICE ON "48 HOURS"

Noticed this for a long time: So often when a male or female suspect is in the interview room with a detective, he/she  will pull their arms out of the sleeves and tuck them up under their shirt so they are hidden. I don't know if it's a nervous reaction or what but it happens a lot.

I notice when they are interviewing a witness, who is not a suspect, this is never a reaction.

Very odd.

Honored Contributor

Re: SOMETHING I NOTICE ON "48 HOURS"

I think it's behavior very noticeable to detectives.  The suspect might be trying to hide something and won't be very cooperative during questioning.  

Honored Contributor

Info published on the Net:

Rooms are kept cold during interrogations to increase the anxiety of the person being interrogated

♥Surface of the Sun♥
Honored Contributor

I'd guess the body is reacting to lying.  You get colder, therefore, you want skin to skin to warm up.  Also a form of "hiding"  Like the hoodies do for some.  The body doesn't lie. They say you can see in the eye (iris) if a person is lying or not.  

Honored Contributor

Something I always notice when I watch 48 Hours is that I like Dateline better!😂

Honored Contributor

@Desertdi Then why don't the family members or witnesses do this? I don't think it's the room temp, I think it's body language for covering up the truth.

Esteemed Contributor

People do that on The First 48, too.  And not just suspects.  I think it's chilly in the interview rooms.

Trees are the lungs of the Earth
Respected Contributor

@Pearlee wrote:

Something I always notice when I watch 48 Hours is that I like Dateline better!😂

I like Dateline, but I wish it was just an hour long, instead of most of them being two hours long.