Honored Contributor

Re: SO, who won DWTS Finale tonight?

@occasionalrain wrote:

@RainCityWoman wrote:

@occasionalrain wrote:

Then have them all from musicals, ones who list dance as one of their talents. Don't put someone like Drew up against someone like Jordan. At least make it seem a level playing field.

Was Drew forced to do this? I mean he came in 4th. That's not too shabby if you ask me. Quite frankly, if you are so insensed with the inequitable selections in the show, why do you bother to watch it? Even the most inexperienced contestant could turn out to have an amazing afinity for coordintion, rhythm and body movement. No two people will ever be equal on that show no matter what links you go to. We inherit all kinds of things from our ancestors. Why not just relax, forget the competition part, and enjoy the pleasure of the dance.

I can't know, nor can you, whether Drew was told who he would be competing with prior to committing to the show. So while not forced, perhaps mislead and getting out of a contract isn't easy. 

I don't watch the show, just stop by during commercial breaks in whatever show I am watching which I had already posted.

@occasionalrain  You don't need to worry about Drew.  He lasted way beyond when he should have gone home.  There were many contestants with no dance experience.  Drew came in 4th place, which is amazing.  You could say it wasn't fair because Drew had a much higher fan base than so many of the others who were better dancers than he was but went home sooner.

The Bluebird Carries The Sky On His Back"
-Henry David Thoreau

Honored Contributor

I don't care about Drew, don't especially like him. I merely used him as an example. I did watch the earlier seasons and then would watch when Derek Hough danced. It's never been completely fair but now it's so unfair and so cluttered with promos for Disney and others including the guest judges that, for me, it's annoying rather than entertaining.

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

Life is unfair. That's just the way it is. I don't see any difference in all the seasons, except the dances are much more complicated, varied, and daring than the first season and there are more contestants.  It makes it more fun to watch.