Honored Contributor

Anyone watch? What did you think?

'cuz every girl's crazy 'bout a sharp dressed man
Esteemed Contributor

Haven't watched since the late 70's early 80's when it was actually funny.  JMO.

Respected Contributor

I thought it was good - it's always good.  They did a great job under difficult circumstances.

And by the way I don't understand people saying it hasn't been funny since the 70s/80s when they haven't watched it since then!

Honored Contributor

I am a big fan of Tom Hanks. When he was introduced-I was hooked.

Honored Contributor

I DVR it.  I deleted the show BEFORE the regular one.

It upset me.  I felt like they were making fun at everything pertaining to 9/11.  The first show is always a condensed old one.

I'm the first to admit I don't always get some things.  Just the way they kept making jokes made me sick.

I haven't looked at the other one.

Esteemed Contributor

Re: SNL,Saturday,12-18-21

[ Edited ]

I watched!  I, too, think they did a great job under the circumstances.  I was glad to see Tina Fey.  

As far as people saying the show hasn't been funny since the 70's or 80's -- it wasn't all that funny back then either.  I've always found SNL to be hit or miss, regardless of the cast or year.  

Honored Contributor

@Annabellethecat66  I am confused. Which one did you watch?

Esteemed Contributor

@Group 5 minus 1 wrote:

@Annabellethecat66  I am confused. Which one did you watch?

@Group 5 minus 1   She watched the episode that comes on at 10 pm.  It's a condensed version (1 hour) of an older show.  This particular episode was from December, 2001.  There was a sketch about 9/11.  I didn't care for it either, but I don't think they were exactly "making fun" of the situation.  It was only two months after the incident, so I think they were just acknowledging it.    Saturday Night Live does peculiar things at times.  This was one of them.  

Trusted Contributor

Re: SNL,Saturday,12-18-21

[ Edited ]

It depends on the writing each week.  I tend to have found the show geared more toward the frat boy crowd now.  I thought in the old days it was more sophisticated humor...  it was comical, not trying to be dirty or aimed at the a younger crowd.

I'm 60 and remember the show when it first came out.

Honored Contributor

@Citrine1  December 15, 2001..Ellen DeGeneres; No Doubt.

That's it.  I had to go back to my deleted episodes.

I had not totally deleted them.  (Wiped it clear) yet.  Sometimes there are as many as 43 to be totally deleted.

As you can see..it was shortly after 9/11.  My daughter worked on the 9/11 fund.  My neighbor was right outside of the Pentagon.  Enough said.