Honored Contributor

Re: SNL Premiere 10/1/22

[ Edited ]

I agree. Try as it will, SNL isn't funny any more and hasn't been for years. If by chance there is a good skit (even a blind pig ....), I'll catch it on my news feed the next day. No need to sit through the actual show on Saturday night.  Who is their target audience anyway?

Esteemed Contributor

I missed the season premiere, but don't really care.  I'm only a sporadic viewer.  Like many of you, I was a watcher from the very beginning.  To be honest, I don't think SNL was ever all that funny.  It's always been hit or miss for me.

Honored Contributor

I watched last night, I thought the show was good. There was a mass exodus of players that didn't return for season 48, some I knew others were a surprise. I thought Miles Teller's Peyton Manning was spot on! I wonder if those that left left of their own accord or were some not invited back?

Respected Contributor

I usually just watch some the clips on youtube.  I tried to get thru a whole show one night and just couldn't do it. 

Respected Contributor

@Jordan2 wrote:

I watched last night, I thought the show was good. There was a mass exodus of players that didn't return for season 48, some I knew others were a surprise. I thought Miles Teller's Peyton Manning was spot on! I wonder if those that left left of their own accord or were some not invited back?

I'm curious about that, too.  It will take a little while to get used to the new faces.  Glad Cecily will be back - Read she's working on another project.  

Liked the opening with the "Manning brothers," too.  Weekend  Update was good, as usual.  Cracked up when Bowen attacked that big ear of corn!

Honored Contributor

I feel the same way.  I've watched it from the beginning for the "Not ready for prime time players" when it was funny.  I used to look forward to it viewing it with friends and roommates while in college.

Then over the years I would watch with some of the newer cast members.  It's been years since I have really watched it and I agree that it's become way too political.  

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

I think it would be fun to see Greg Gutfeld as the host of SNL one week. 

Right now, I miss the comic talents of Aidy Bryant and Kate McKinnon.

Respected Contributor

I always fall asleep after the opening. I set the tv timer to shut off but usually do not watch it all. I click thru You Tube and watch clips if they look interesting. I sometimes enjoy the news take off.

I did think the Manning brothers was an excellent impression -especially Peyton. I did a double take to figure out if it was him or not.

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

I have watched SNL since the very first episode.

It is amazing the talented performers from this show that have gone on to other things over the years.

Their strong point is political satire and they have done great things over the years.  The show has often had a political undercurrent and if you disagree with their perspective on things, of course you will not like it.

It is difficult when well known cast members leave and new ones come on board, such as this new season. 

I find the show's writing really on and funny or a total miss for the night.  That seems to depend, in large part, on who might be hosting.

The best part of the show is Weekend Update with Jost and Che.  Last night was no exception.

Hopefully, the new cast and writers will find their way and be back on track.

"Justice will not be served until those who are unaffected are as outraged as those who are." BF
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

I thought the new guy I think his name is Michael Longfellow  was good, he seemed comfortable before the camera.